Chances of survival?!?

J

Jshell3

Yeah. I'm pretty much Stock. (unless you count the roof...)

I got a P1k5 w/:
  • No Skids.
  • No 28" Tires.
  • No Winch.
  • No Snorkel.
  • No Radio.

YES I'm going to the Takeover...

Am I toast?

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

I got a P1k5 w/:
  • No Skids.
  • No 28" Tires.
  • No Winch.
  • No Snorkel.
  • No Radio.

Am I toast?
You will be fine, a stock 500 won't have any issues with a capable driver, let alone a P1K.

J

JTW

I feel much more confident with skid under her.. snorkel is easy and cheap with several options... there will be enough of us there with winches and straps that you'll be fine without. But even without I'd think you'd be fine.

J

Jshell3

Yeah... I'm really jumping at the chance to check out other Forum member's rides. And seeing some mods and accessories first hand. Upclose and personal!!!

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'll be fine and still have tons of fun. Last year we didn't encounter a single case destroying rock. Stock tires may bite you in some of the mud we encountered. But as mentioned, somebody will get you out guaranteed. This year I will encounter those type of rocks (and any other obstacle we can find lol). Just use common sense and don't drive intoxicated (see common sense remark). You'll love it!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Rocks a problem @ RRB?
They are not a problem, they are standard issue for any appalacian mountain trails. If you are not paying attention they can ding up your A-arms and the outer frame rails pretty easy. The outer frame rails are replaceable. Skid plates are a wise investment, then a winch as top two priority accessories in this terrain.

You just need to be cognizant of what you have and don't have and drive accordingly rather than bash through trails with blind wild abandon. That's all.

J

JTW

They are not a problem, they are standard issue for any appalacian mountain trails. If you are not paying attention they can ding up your A-arms and the outer frame rails pretty easy. The outer frame rails are replaceable. Skid plates are a wise investment, then a winch as top two priority accessories in this terrain.

You just need to be cognizant of what you have and don't have and drive accordingly rather than bash through trails with blind wild abandon. That's all.
Lol.. very descriptive!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV

I got a P1k5 w/:
  • No Skids.
  • No 28" Tires.
  • No Winch.
  • No Snorkel.
  • No Radio.

Am I toast?
I had no problems last year with my stock 700. I only had 1 incident, and that could have been avoided if i would have had power steering. There will be many diferent skill levels of drivers there.
After the first ride you will become more confident in your rig and you will be suprised in the ability of your P1k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I did skid plates, A-arm protection and a winch right off... been amazed at where the machine will go stock as far as the drive train. Have I banged up the skids plates a bit? Yes, and that is why I installed them!

I've met some really great people from this forum and look forward to meeting more at the Takeover!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Stay away from any water and rocks and you'll be fine lol. Seriously on the skids if you can and a snorkel setup is 30$ and easy so that should be done. Winch shouldn't be needed with the group going. Radio well stay close to someone else. Tires bring patch kit stay close to someone. See you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeradc

Jeradc

Nov 26, 2016
Lewisburg, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I got a P1k5 w/:
  • No Skids.
  • No 28" Tires.
  • No Winch.
  • No Snorkel.
  • No Radio.

Am I toast?

We're nearly in the same boat.
Stock tires, no skids, no snorkel....as of yet.
Plus I've got a 3 and 4 year old, so we'll be babying it along.
On a side note, I was going to try and get skid plates before the takeover. The wife wants new living room furniture. You can guess who's gonna win that one.

J

Jshell3

On a side note, I was going to try and get skid plates before the takeover. The wife wants new living room furniture. You can guess who's gonna win that one.
You find me... I'll have my full family there as well. 12 and 14 year old boys.

J

JTW

You gotta put your foot down man!

Reactions: Tflynn and popeye
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I got a P1k5 w/:
  • No Skids.
  • No 28" Tires.
  • No Winch.
  • No Snorkel.
  • No Radio.

Am I toast?

If you can add anything, do the skid plates. You will hit bottom quite a few times I'm sure.

No winch needed since there will be many in the group

Stock tires will be fine but there's a chance you may cut one. I'll loan you one if that happens as I'm bringing all 4 stockers. There may be obstacles you will drive around like snuff mentioned.

No snorkel needed unless you want to run the river with some of us. It's a great way to wash the vehicle.

No radio? Just ride close to some of the other guys that have these super loud radios and you'll be fine.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

advertisement