P1000 Check your air filters

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I decided to check the air filter to see what kind of shape it was in after 30 hours/130 miles. This is how it looked! IMO this is a terrible design, the metal screen is after the filter element on the intake side and it has essentially started to disintegrate. Why would it not be made of stainless, at least?! Maybe it’s from being in a humid environment or i got it wet and didn’t realize it. Also, the screw holding it down wasn’t even threaded in.

You might want to check yours too.

5EEB63C8 18CF 4959 8946 9968B17FAF59 F0E31071 58D8 4E7A 93CF 64DD182F3F58

Last edited:
Reactions: Haldog77 and TxDoc
kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats definitely had water gone through it.

Id check the tube, probably has water in the bottom.

Also. one of the factory intake boot clamps was over tightened causing the plastic to fold in, which created a gap/opening. I believe that's where my problems rooted from. Other clamps were loose. Guess it was built on a Friday at 4 o'clock

Last edited:
kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow....
That's not good at all on such a new machine.

Right, I went over all the fasteners that were accessible and adjusted them accordingly. The fold in the intake tube from being overtightened had to be heated up to correct it. Some silicone was added just to be safe.

I'll admit that I've not been easy on the machine, we've had a blast in those 30hrs!

And believe it or not, I just got it back from the dealer. When I took it in the complaint was that the MT/AT lights along with a "u" were illuminated on the dash and a flashing check engine light (23). So, they weren't asked to look at the filter but I'd assume they would have checked it over thoroughly.
Both clutch packs ended up being burned up and Honda did not cover it under warranty because the tires were 1" oversize, so that cost me $1600... Yes, I use low gear 90% of the time. It has always shifted /engaged a little late, maybe it was off from the factory. Not anymore though, it seems to be shifting very nice and engages quickly.

BUT When I got it back from the clutch replacement all the lights were still on. I had to do the clutch relearn procedure myself when i got it home to get the MT/AT and "u" lights to go off. The check engine light is still flashing and the dealer said to bring it back in but waiting for 2-3 weeks is not ideal at the moment.

I've always been a Honda fan but this is a little discouraging.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Right, I went over all the fasteners that were accessible and adjusted them accordingly. The fold in the intake tube from being overtightened had to be heated up to correct it. Some silicone was added just to be safe.

I'll admit that I've not been easy on the machine, we've had a blast in those 30hrs!

And believe it or not, I just got it back from the dealer. When I took it in the complaint was that the MT/AT lights along with a "u" were illuminated on the dash and a flashing check engine light (23). So, they weren't asked to look at the filter but I'd assume they would have checked it over thoroughly.
Both clutch packs ended up being burned up and Honda did not cover it under warranty because the tires were 1" oversize, so that cost me $1600... Yes, I use low gear 90% of the time. It has always shifted /engaged a little late, maybe it was off from the factory. Not anymore though, it seems to be shifting very nice and engages quickly.

BUT When I got it back from the clutch replacement all the lights were still on. I had to do the clutch relearn procedure myself when i got it home to get the MT/AT and "u" lights to go off. The check engine light is still flashing and the dealer said to bring it back in but waiting for 2-3 weeks is not ideal at the moment.

I've always been a Honda fan but this is a little discouraging.

Your dealer sucks balls. Pardon my French

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!