P1000 Check Your Exhaust System!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, I had several defects in my exhaust system that I felt are worth sharing. When I drove my P1K for the first time, I remember thinking "wow...this is way louder than my Polaris". Then came the consistent smell of exhaust fumes and I thought "wow...this thing isn't very well tuned." Then came ever increasing loudness in the exhaust. Finally, the muffler broke away completely. Intolerably loud! I was lucky to score a factory replacement on eBay for $175.00. I must say...this machine is QUIET when properly assembled! I never knew how quiet these machines really should be. I've got pictures in another post that, in hindsight, make it painfully obvious why my machine was so loud and always full of exhaust gases since the day I bought it. So if your machine is way louder than other makes, I'd suggest riding in another one to see if they are the same or if yours has a QC problem like mine did/does..

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any luck finding emission warranty information?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any luck finding emission warranty information?
I haven't pursued it any further. If it were a major $$$ fix, I would. For me, it's not worth the hassle/time of arguing, bringing it in, wait three weeks plus the recall, drive back to pick it up and then having the new one possibly installed wrong again! But thx for the suggestion!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the exhaust smell was coming from here...
IMG 20180507 224413364

Reactions: Arizona

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The shoulder bolt wasn't through the flange like it was supposed to be. They are supposed to bottom out and the springs hold the right pressure on the donut seals.

Reactions: Arizona
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I had several defects in my exhaust system that I felt are worth sharing. When I drove my P1K for the first time, I remember thinking "wow...this is way louder than my Polaris". Then came the consistent smell of exhaust fumes and I thought "wow...this thing isn't very well tuned." Then came ever increasing loudness in the exhaust. Finally, the muffler broke away completely. Intolerably loud! I was lucky to score a factory replacement on eBay for $175.00. I must say...this machine is QUIET when properly assembled! I never knew how quiet these machines really should be. I've got pictures in another post that, in hindsight, make it painfully obvious why my machine was so loud and always full of exhaust gases since the day I bought it. So if your machine is way louder than other makes, I'd suggest riding in another one to see if they are the same or if yours has a QC problem like mine did/does..

I am glad you found the issue and are able to get it fixed (even though you had to pay for it). Hopefully it will give you a better experience with your Honda. I am guessing you don't have the opportunity to ride with a lot of other Honda riders where you can compare machines to see what is normal and or different.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am glad you found the issue and are able to get it fixed (even though you had to pay for it). Hopefully it will give you a better experience with your Honda. I am guessing you don't have the opportunity to ride with a lot of other Honda riders where you can compare machines to see what is normal and or different.
I'm the only guy in my circle who owns a P1K. Mine is the only one I've ever ridden in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!