P1000 Check your SATV A-ARMS

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wanted to share what I found twice now on my arched A arms from Super ATV. I found the threaded shaft of the pivot blocks to be a weak point. Both bent in the same spot (at different times), the rear A arm toward the front of the machine. I had both replaced under their lifetime warranty no problem at all!! Also found out they've upgraded the steel used on the A arms. This isn't something that I would have found unless I was readjusting my camber. Those of you with these might want to check. An easy sign to show any damage is to look at the nut on the pivot block and make sure its setting flush agaist the A arm. All super ATV will ask is a pic of the damage and they'll take care of it!!!! Great customer service!!!!!

20171114 191516 20180110 134611

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure the jam nut was torqued?
I've made a point to check them periodically and never found them backed off. With that said I have found them slightly loose maybe a 1/4 turn.
Super ATV never came out and said this was a know problem but they did say they started using a stronger steal.........
I'm curious to see if I'm the only one who's had this issue.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've made a point to check them periodically and never found them backed off. With that said I have found them slightly loose maybe a 1/4 turn.
Super ATV never came out and said this was a know problem but they did say they started using a stronger steal.........
I'm curious to see if I'm the only one who's had this issue.
No...i believe @Eltobgi had one bend in the same place. Whethe it matters or not i put a drop of blue thread lock on the threads when i tightened mine down.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had 3 of my jam nuts come loose in the Overland trip but was able to get them tightened up and the shafts aren’t bent.

Like glock I put thread locker on when I got home and got it cleaned up.
I'll be doing the thread lock now!

Reactions: ToddACimer
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info I got mine when they first came out I'm getting ready to put a lift and readjust arm settings and will look for it

Reactions: Rambo
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
246B76C7 FF14 4697 ADF4 DF693CFA6050 24DD3DED 87FD 4EE8 A798 CA3531AD9E5A 103B11A5 6782 47F6 BBAE 5107574B5188
No...i believe @Eltobgi had one bend in the same place. Whethe it matters or not i put a drop of blue thread lock on the threads when i tightened mine down.
That is correct! I took photos and was concerned about possible stressed threads in the a arm and they sent me a replacement. Love a company that stands behind their product!

Last edited:
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Out of curiosity how far was it screwed out? My left is good but my right is still off camber, and I don't want to thread the joint out any farther. I'm wondering if it put stress on it because it was threaded out to far.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Out of curiosity how far was it screwed out? My left is good but my right is still off camber, and I don't want to thread the joint out any farther. I'm wondering if it put stress on it because it was threaded out to far.
I called and talked to them about this, answer was, 1/4 inch of threads into a arm?????????????

Reactions: dnjones161
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I called and talked to them about this, answer was, 1/4 inch of threads into a arm?????????????
That's kinda scary since there was slop in the joint with it that far out.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far mine haven't given me any trouble. I check jam but periodically and they haven't backed off yet. I'll keep a closer eye on them now.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I inquired about how many threads were needed before installing, I dont remember the number given but know I had way more than enough.(over a 1/4 inch)You should be fine to adjust camber to a satisfactory point. I've convinced myself that the problem was in the softer steal, now thats been addressed hopefully no more problems. I did make a point to ask Super ATV if there were any limits to warranty claims on the A arms and they said if they break they'll send a new one. (No limit to how many claims) Can't beat that!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I inquired about how many threads were needed before installing, I dont remember the number given but know I had way more than enough.(over a 1/4 inch)You should be fine to adjust camber to a satisfactory point. I've convinced myself that the problem was in the softer steal, now thats been addressed hopefully no more problems. I did make a point to ask Super ATV if there were any limits to warranty claims on the A arms and they said if they break they'll send a new one. (No limit to how many claims) Can't beat that!
Went out and measured. I had 5/8" of thread into the arm when it bent.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Went out and measured. I had 5/8" of thread into the arm when it bent.
If the threaded part is so strong, why didn't they make an adjustment bolt with one end having right hand threads and the other end with left hand threads, machined nut in the middle and two jam nuts with female threads in the a arm and swivel joint. Would be really nice to aline without taking things apart, Like a male turn buckle system. Fronts are not bad to adjust. And then you could get alignment exact.

Reactions: Westtnpioneer
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not enough room for one I would guess

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They sent me 2 zip ties for the rack boots, and one of them is zipped already LOL.
Warranty item???
I may claim it under warranty just for fun and see what they say...
I just received my arms last week. Hopefully they have the higher grade steel threaded pivot blocks.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They sent me 2 zip ties for the rack boots, and one of them is zipped already LOL.
Warranty item???
I may claim it under warranty just for fun and see what they say...
I just received my arms last week. Hopefully they have the higher grade steel threaded pivot blocks.

I thought the same thing. Look closer, it is inserted upside down so it really isn’t zipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!