Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Has anybody had any trouble with the satv a-arms not taking grease. Everyone 9f the grease fitting that came on them has broke and I have replaced and I have only done one ride since I put them on and they still will not take grease
I went a little too long without greasing mine and the sleeve had almost welded itself to the bushings. I had to beat the sleeve out and grind some grooves the length of the sleeve to help get grease down the length of it. I believe they have changed to uhmw bushings recently.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody had any trouble with the satv a-arms not taking grease. Everyone 9f the grease fitting that came on them has broke and I have replaced and I have only done one ride since I put them on and they still will not take grease
I found the nozzle of my grease gun would not fully seat onto some of the fittings without hitting the a-arm first. Unscrewing the grease fitting almost all the way out helped that.

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went a little too long without greasing mine and the sleeve had almost welded itself to the bushings. I had to beat the sleeve out and grind some grooves the length of the sleeve to help get grease down the length of it. I believe they have changed to uhmw bushings recently.
So the early ones did not come with UHMW bushing I take it- I did not know that, I knew that the replacement bushings I ordered were UHMW. That might explain why I have always been able to get them to take grease.

Order this. You'll want to kick yourself in the face for not having it already. Fits the stock zerks no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKKU/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I 2nd - I have this and it is great.. I still replaced a bunch to 45* zerts - just to be able to reach easier

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
So the early ones did not come with UHMW bushing I take it- I did not know that, I knew that the replacement bushings I ordered were UHMW. That might explain why I have always been able to get them to take grease.

I 2nd - I have this and it is great.. I still replaced a bunch to 45* zerts - just to be able to reach easier
The old bushings look like delrin. They dont give hardly any. UHMW should be a little slicker and give more. I had to clamp my a arms in a vise and beat the crap out of the sleeves to get them out. Messed up the sleeves beating them and cut some new ones out of chromoly.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The old bushings look like delrin. They dont give hardly any. UHMW should be a little slicker and give more. I had to clamp my a arms in a vise and beat the crap out of the sleeves to get them out. Messed up the sleeves beating them and cut some new ones out of chromoly.

Always one step ahead

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checked mine last night. Front kept loosing up. Now I know why... better bolts on the way.
20181121 172623

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am waiting on a quote for washers. I'll harass my guy Monday for an update. Hopefully I can sell these with bolts and nuts. Having him quote me 24 of each. So 12 machines worth. If it takes off, i'll up the quantity.

J

JTW

I am waiting on a quote for washers. I'll harass my guy Monday for an update. Hopefully I can sell these with bolts and nuts. Having him quote me 24 of each. So 12 machines worth. If it takes off, i'll up the quantity.
Holler at me.. I’m intersted in doing it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I replaced mine with 45° fittings..much easier to access.
Do u k ow the size of the fittings? My arms haven’t arrived yet, just ordered them Tuesday so I don’t know and would like to order some ahead of time. Thanks

Reactions: Plumber32
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u k ow the size of the fittings? My arms haven’t arrived yet, just ordered them Tuesday so I don’t know and would like to order some ahead of time. Thanks
6mm. Then i used the 45°. I flexed it enough if they were gonna break off they would have.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
6mm. Then i used the 45°. I flexed it enough if they were gonna break off they would have.
Thanks. We’ve Ben out of town since Thursday night. I’ll be back home this evening. Father-in-law is staying at the house with the boys he said a big package arrived yesterday! It’s like Christmas :D

Reactions: GlockMeister
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!