P1000 Club Store Key On Power Harness

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking at the key on power harness that the club store sells, it would be on the 15 amp ACC circuit. my question is... can that circuit be used as a trigger source for all off these ??

1) winch solinoid trigger
2) dual voltmeter power
3) aux fuse block solenoid trigger

Thanks

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Many want to be able to use their winch even if the engine can't be run (due to whatever), so using the switched Acc #5 fuse for that purpose is questionable.

For dual voltmeter you'll want switched negative to the voltmeter - negative when the key is on. So using the #5 Acc fuse to power a relay to switch ground is common procedure.

It's also used as you suggest, to switch power to a fuse block using a suitably large relay.

Reactions: Rick53 and ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking at the key on power harness that the club store sells, it would be on the 15 amp ACC circuit. my question is... can that circuit be used as a trigger source for all off these ??

2) dual voltmeter power

Thanks
Yes, it is designed for exactly those reasons.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2) dual voltmeter power

Thanks
I used the key on harness and ran the hot lead to a buss bar and the used the buss bar for all my key on triggers. Works great (so far)

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the key on harness and ran the hot lead to a buss bar and the used the buss bar for all my key on triggers. Works great (so far)
I'm gonna put another spin on your idea, what if a guy was to run the key on harness hot lead to the solenoid trigger that energizes the key on aux fuse block, then run from the fuse block to your other triggers that you want key on power ?? I guess the only difference would be that you'd have fuse protection ??

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm gonna put another spin on your idea, what if a guy was to run the key on harness hot lead to the solenoid trigger that energizes the key on aux fuse block, then run from the fuse block to your other triggers that you want key on power ?? I guess the only difference would be that you'd have fuse protection ??
If done this way you can use a master on/off/on to control everything run through the fuse box. The store sells a good one and you just need to wire it like the diagram. That’s how mine is setup

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can do this as well, I I just ran all my key on trigger stuff to the main buss bar to make wiring easy routing and easy to remember later on. All my accessories are running off the second battery which is hooked to the fuse block, so everything is fused.
If done this way you can use a master on/off/on to control everything run through the fuse box. The store sells a good one and you just need to wire it like the diagram. That’s how mine is setup
This is also a good idea, and there are a lot of folks that have done this setup, although I did not do mine this way for the simple fact that I’m a dumb azz and will forget to switch it back to key on. So my setup is Key on stuff works. Key off stuff no work.
Just trying to protect me from myself.
Good luck, and remember Pics or it didn’t happen.👍

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like it, that switch would give you the best of both worlds for sure.

Thanks

Reactions: Ridinfool
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like it, that switch would give you the best of both worlds for sure.

Thanks
Off is helpful when your working/adding stuff. My primary battery is isolated so it’s pretty well protected. The only thing I have wired directly to the hot side of my second battery is my radio because it needs a constant to keep presets. It’s just a marine am/fm so it doesn’t draw much when it’s on.

Reactions: Rick53
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Off is helpful when your working/adding stuff. My primary battery is isolated so it’s pretty well protected. The only thing I have wired directly to the hot side of my second battery is my radio because it needs a constant to keep presets. It’s just a marine am/fm so it doesn’t draw much when it’s on.
Gotcha, after reading and looking at a ton of options i think i'll go with the on/off/on for the master.
Thanks for the heads up, this site is great but does keep your wallet a little lighter..........

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha, after reading and looking at a ton of options i think i'll go with the on/off/on for the master.
Thanks for the heads up, this site is great but does keep your wallet a little lighter..........
If this site is only keeping your wallet “a little lighter”…
Your doing it wrong.🤣🤣🤣

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My most important switch. Key-on or key-off control off all accessories except the winch that is key-on only.

. 68c705dbdcb68ff4532744fdaeb22b40

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My most important switch. Key-on or key-off control off all accessories except the winch that is key-on only.

.View attachment 333273

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Nice, i'm liking the switch location too...........

Reactions: Lady01
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are a few other threads you can look at for ideas, diagrams, etc...

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!