Clutch temp light

T

TS2022

Jan 18, 2023
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yep. Shared ground going to the sensor and other wire, only 2 to it, goes to ecu. Sensor trips and passes the ground to ecu to trigger the light. Sensor mechanically trips at a set temp to complete the circuit. Common sensor for temp lights and fan control. Already swapped to a known good one so should eliminate the sensor.
Sorry have been away for awhile, but yes replaced the sensor with a known good one. Shot the case where the sensor was with a thermo gun an was not over heating. Was maybe around 165 or so.

T

TS2022

Jan 18, 2023
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry have been away for awhile, but yes replaced the sensor with a known good one. Shot the case where the sensor was with a thermo gun an was not over heating. Was maybe around 165 or so.
Cleaned oil cooler just incase, but it had no blockages or any problems.

T

TS2022

Jan 18, 2023
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Cleaned oil cooler just incase, but it had no blockages or any problems.
I would think it would be a ground but it only does it on hard acceleration. Can run it around all day normal no problem.

T

TS2022

Jan 18, 2023
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There isn't any new sensors in the engine/trans on a Talon that aren't in the Pioneer.

From what I've gathered Honda is using the Oil temp sensor in the clutch cover to monitor oil temp and trigger the PCM to turn the clutch "overheat" light on. They didn't add any additional sensors for that function is what I'm getting at.

Wee were talking to another dealership who was trying to run KOH this year with a fresh engine build having this same issue. As far as I know they hadn't resolved, atleast not since I last spoke to them.

That sensor uses the dame ground for all 3 Oil Pressure sensors in the clutch cover as well. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a ground issue, I believe OP replaced the sensor already so it rules that out. I'm wondering what the sensor is reading and if it really is hot or just reading hot. Since unplugging temperature sensors usually causes high volatge and fans to turn on when used in the cooling system.

If you unplug thay sensor, does the light stay on?
Honda tech I have no tried the unplugging the light to see, but I can try that tomorrow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!