P1000 Clutch update and cabin heat done

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, as someone who has worked in both and done a fair amount of business with both....Car dealers are more professional in all departments. And that's not a dig on anyone that works in a powersports dealership. But many people complain of the quality of the help at a powersports dealership more so than that of a car dealer and lets face it, its obvious to see. Car techs are better trained, sales associates while most don't know s*** sometimes, the ones who have been doing it a while are very well informed. Motorsports guys are usally younger people, not overly professional that work there for a job because they think its cool and it probably isn't really a career for them......because they end up finding there is no money in it and a ton of hours. So they move on and in comes the next inexperienced kid who doesn't know much and consequently we don't get the service that many feel they should.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those links are joking right? I guarantee that the tech at the car dealers around here make waaay more than 31k per year.
No s***! If the atv made that much more, there would be lines of applicants. Less overall tool investment for starters!

Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
I called about the clutch update, they said they won’t do it unless you actually have a clutch slipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called about the clutch update, they said they won’t do it unless you actually have a clutch slipping.

The bulletin I read said for the tech drive It it slips replace the clutch and new cover is it doesn’t slip just replace the cover..something close to that at least. Take it in and tell them it slipped the last time you rode...

Reactions: Tramguage1
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
The bulletin I read said for the tech drive It it slips replace the clutch and new cover is it doesn’t slip just replace the cover..something close to that at least. Take it in and tell them it slipped the last time you rode...

I will see how it does. So far the rig has been really fun.

advertisement
H

HondaTech

Ya I hear what your saying but,when I worked in a GM dealership bulletins took a high priority . This gave better customer service and improved repair information. I expect the same from Honda.

Most multi line dealers disregard or are blind to Honda because all the rest of the brands are pretty similar ie, belts. Whereas Honda takes alot more technical prowess to diagnose and understand. Anybody can twang a rubberband it takes a real tech to fix a Honda.

Reactions: Hawk53 and Eltobgi
H

HondaTech

Well, as someone who has worked in both and done a fair amount of business with both....Car dealers are more professional in all departments. And that's not a dig on anyone that works in a powersports dealership. But many people complain of the quality of the help at a powersports dealership more so than that of a car dealer and lets face it, its obvious to see. Car techs are better trained, sales associates while most don't know s*** sometimes, the ones who have been doing it a while are very well informed. Motorsports guys are usally younger people, not overly professional that work there for a job because they think its cool and it probably isn't really a career for them......because they end up finding there is no money in it and a ton of hours. So they move on and in comes the next inexperienced kid who doesn't know much and consequently we don't get the service that many feel they should.

You said it my friend, I'm close to this point in my career atm.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I am heading to my dealership to pick up mine...They did both the cabin comfort and the clutch cover up grade. I didn't have to tell them I had a problem with either one and I didn't have a problem with it either. I just told them I wanted it done! My dealership has been phenomenal to work with and has treated me great though! I am excited to drive it again and see if there is any difference in the way it shifts. I didn't have any problems with it before but after reading this thread it sounds like it might shift different/better! I was under the impression that it was simply to deliver fresh cooler oil to the clutches so they won't overheat. I run my machine extremely hard when I am driving so my clutches were never sitting in the "lugging" zone anyway!

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually have not even received my letter yet but when I saw the news on here about a month ago, I googled the bulletin and printed it out and just took it to the dealer. They ordered the parts and called about a week ago to say the parts were in. I took it in and have not received it back yet. Will let you know when I get an update.

Reactions: Eltobgi
gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
get the radiator fan deflector if you haven't already - cheap and I just zip tied mine on..

Got a part number on that deflector? I want to get that and the new air intake parts as well. Hit some pretty good unplanned puddles this year on group rides.

Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please do. I a
I got my 1000 back from dealer they did the clutch update and the heat issue the clutch seems to be alot tighter now as far as taking off and accelerating at speed more responsive would be the best way to say it I havent had it out on the trails yet but will keep you guys posted on how it does and as for the heat fix believe it or not it does make a noticeable difference it was not very hot when I went for a short ride but I could tell that helped
m mo

Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please do, I am most curious about working mine on low end around tbe place.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has been at the dealership for three weeks now waiting on parts for the clutch and cabin heat updates. Brought it in for some warranty stuff and figured I’d have the updates done while it was there. Didn’t expect to be waiting this long.

I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a 2017 1000-5 30days ago and my dealer told me to bring the machine back before 2020 and they will put the updated clutches in.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!