The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How is it now?
Doing just fine... I think during the Mulberry ride, it gave me enough seat time to tell more of a difference. There were a handful of times we were climbing up a trail that we stopped for someone ahead of us and taking back off was noticeably smoother, even at a pretty good incline.

Sadly, the ride at Mulberry is the only real trail time I've been able to do since the clutch update :(. But, that's definitely been the best ride so far... it wasn't even two weeks after the ride that the wife said "we really need to go on another ride, I miss it"... mission complete, she's hooked!!

I've got some more mods to do now as well... got a set of Terrabites to put on, door bushings, harness bar and 4.2 harness (thanks to @Tramguage1 letting my wife ride in his pioneer to test out the harnesses!), mudbusters, steel braided brake lines, ricochet skid plate extensions, and the NOAM NUTV5 bluetooth speaker system. Really hate we had to cancel our reservations for the Takeover though... planning to make it next year!

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doing just fine... I think during the Mulberry ride, it gave me enough seat time to tell more of a difference. There were a handful of times we were climbing up a trail that we stopped for someone ahead of us and taking back off was noticeably smoother, even at a pretty good incline.

Sadly, the ride at Mulberry is the only real trail time I've been able to do since the clutch update :(. But, that's definitely been the best ride so far... it wasn't even two weeks after the ride that the wife said "we really need to go on another ride, I miss it"... mission complete, she's hooked!!

I've got some more mods to do now as well... got a set of Terrabites to put on, door bushings, harness bar and 4.2 harness (thanks to @Tramguage1 letting my wife ride in his pioneer to test out the harnesses!), mudbusters, steel braided brake lines, ricochet skid plate extensions, and the NOAM NUTV5 bluetooth speaker system. Really hate we had to cancel our reservations for the Takeover though... planning to make it next year!
landman which dealership do use?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well got mine back today. Took it in Wednesday last week, inspected it clutch was fine, did upgrade. I drove it around the yard in the snow. The clutch definitely engages smoother, seems like the engine don't have to rev as much b4 it starts to engage without jerking. See what happens when the trails open up.

Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMHO the "Clutch campaign" is well worth the BS you get from dealerships! But i'm sure the dealerships don't get paid what it takes to do the CAMPAIGN..................... so the dealerships are giving us a Line of BS,, to survive!

Reactions: Ragnar406
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
FYI I spoke to the service department in Jonesboro, AR. I stopped by just for fun and quizzed them on the clutch campaign and fix and I have to say they seemed to know what they were talking about. They said they aren't having much problems with parts and turn around is usually 1 week after machine arrives.

renosxs

renosxs

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2017
reno, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spoke with Honda shop in College Station, Texas asking about the clutch update. They told me that they would need my Pioneer for at least 2 weeks to run test on the machine to see which fix it needs. Has anyone else heard about this testing? I have a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe. Thanks.

I just called the local dealer and they informed me of the service bulletins for the clutch and seat heat issues. Are ordering parts and will contact me to schedule appointment. Also spoke with Honda C/S to change contact info b/c I bought the 10005D from the original owner and want to get any recall information direct to me. They also referenced the vehicle improvements that are available since the clutch and seat are NOT recalls. Good news is that I don't have the door latch recall. Bad news is I don't ride it enough. It did get a workout with the snow plow the past 2 years.

C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got mine back and had the clutch recall and cabin comfort kit done. I can tell a HUGE difference in the shifting now. A lot quieter and smoother shifting now. I highly recommend having it done. I’m gonna wait til I get a warmer day to give my opinion on the cabin comfort kit. Should know by this weekend.

Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting enough, my dealership said they were only doing the clutch updates if you were actualy having slipping clutches. Since mine is fairly low mileage and I was aware of the issue from this forum, I have babied it on hill starts and managed to keep them intact. Guess Ill have to start using the throttle to keep me stopped on a slope to get my clutch update

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The clutch fix is for every P1K, but you've got.to see it from our and Honda's perspective. They'd tried to get this stuff out there quick but don't have a lot of inventory. So their taking slipping clutches and new units at first. But I do believe now they'll let the dealer order for whoever, just need a VIN. It doesn't have to be slipping or gone to ok it. I as a tech do atleast 1 of these or a heat kit a day sometimes both or 2 of each. So we're busting then out as quick as possible and we're a Honda only dealer. So take in to account he bad multi line guys who don't care enough about Honda to help you guys. Those are the ones who seem to be causing the issue. Bring it to KY I guarantee you I'll do it before you get lunch, after the parts get there ofcourse.

Ask those 570 Ranger guys how the heat feels, then ask them what Polaris is doing about It, not a damm thing.
Are you sure it's the Ranger 570 and not maybe the 800? I ask because I had a 2015 Ranger 570 and there was no noticable heat from the dash or seat. I mean ZERO heat.

renosxs

renosxs

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2017
reno, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still waiting on “parts” for 3 service improvements now, clutch, heat and exhaust which is something new I was told. Been more than a month since calling dealer which was cooperative but I now think I’m getting the run around. While I have not had problems with clutch the cabin gets very hot especially on slow speed technical trails. Will update as things progress; or not.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure it's the Ranger 570 and not maybe the 800? I ask because I had a 2015 Ranger 570 and there was no noticable heat from the dash or seat. I mean ZERO heat.
That's weird my neighbor has taken a few rides on mine across both our properties and that was his first statement was the heat was less compared to his 570.

He's giving it to his mom and picking up a 1000-5.

I haven't ridden in his during the summer so can't say anything good or bad. Also not sure what year his is so that may be a difference.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's weird my neighbor has taken a few rides on mine across both our properties and that was his first statement was the heat was less compared to his 570.

He's giving it to his mom and picking up a 1000-5.

I haven't ridden in his during the summer so can't say anything good or bad. Also not sure what year his is so that may be a difference.
Could be. I do know that year model 2015 Pol Ranger 570s built after July 1st 2014 had several mid-year improvements. Belts and clutch faces being two problem areas they addressed. Also, I never had a recall or fire or even "hot" smell. That's what I don't get about all the Pol fire jokes. I'm missing something!

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Does anyone experience a lurching when they first takeoff? My 16 did this...

oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shifty.
I have the very first 1000 EPS CDA Honda got in stock. We have over 7000 miles on it. Kevin is a great service manager. He sold us our Big Red then we bought a 700 now the 1000. We live in Pinehurst would like to meet you some day. We're waiting for Kevin to call when the up grade gets there.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone experience a lurching when they first takeoff? My 16 did this...
I don't know about "lurching", but I can say that when I first start my daily routine every morning, my rig won't stop untill I stand on the brakes. It locks up until a near standstill

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I don't know about "lurching", but I can say that when I first start my daily routine every morning, my rig won't stop untill I stand on the brakes. It locks up until a near standstill

mine did this all the time. it didn't matter cold or not. I think mine was a lemon from the get go. after the second time it went in for clutch issues I got rid of it. I'm thinking about another one soon though since they are improved.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!