P1000 Clutch update

H

HondaTech

I
just talked to a dealer and he said they have not had to replace the clutches on a 2017 yet. all the work has been on the 2016. has anybody heard of anyone having a clutch problem on a 2017. he did say Honda was working on some stuff for the clutches but would not say what.
I havent done a '17 model clutch yet myself.

Reactions: JACKAL
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called texarkana honda shop told the service tec that my 3rd gear is slipping bad. And first does a little. He said honda has a kit now that puts more oil on the clutches. Mine goes in shop next Tuesday for the clutch kit,& clutches. He put me on the list for heat comfort kit. Which he said they ordered 100 and received 20. So that deal is wait till they come in.. And I also ordered the improved air box, which I will install

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called texarkana honda shop told the service tec that my 3rd gear is slipping bad. And first does a little. He said honda has a kit now that puts more oil on the clutches. Mine goes in shop next Tuesday for the clutch kit,& clutches. He put me on the list for heat comfort kit. Which he said they ordered 100 and received 20. So that deal is wait till they come in.. And I also ordered the improved air box, which I will install

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They have had my machine 3 weeks. Waiting on Honda to send the new clutches

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just stop by my dealer to put mine on the list for the clutch upgrade. No problems but wanna get it done

advertisement
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took my 16 and my buddies 17 in for the clutch update. Dropped them off and picked both up the same day. Got new clutch packs in both machines. The tech said they had slight discoloration so he replaced them. I was going to wait until the end of the campaign but thought why not have the machine be at its best now. I'm very glad I went ahead with the update! There is a big difference shifting in high range, the clunk sound is gone and the overall feel is just better!!!! Low range still has some clunk to it, but all together its a big improvement. Very pleased with the update and my dealer!!!!!!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rambo how many miles where on the 16 and 17 models that they replaced the clutch packs on

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I took my 16 and my buddies 17 in for the clutch update. Dropped them off and picked both up the same day. Got new clutch packs in both machines. The tech said they had slight discoloration so he replaced them. I was going to wait until the end of the campaign but thought why not have the machine be at its best now. I'm very glad I went ahead with the update! There is a big difference shifting in high range, the clunk sound is gone and the overall feel is just better!!!! Low range still has some clunk to it, but all together its a big improvement. Very pleased with the update and my dealer!!!!!!
Uh huh, it's great isn't it?

Reactions: Rambo
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's crazy. They got 2 done for you the same day you took them. And my 1 is on 3 weeks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took my 16 and my buddies 17 in for the clutch update. Dropped them off and picked both up the same day. Very pleased with the update and my dealer!!!!!!

That's the kind of a dealer that you should support!

Poppaj

Poppaj

Apr 29, 2017
SE Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to wait until later to get mine done but I decided to call my dealer. Told me the kits are on backorder with no eta. Also I am number 60 on the waiting list. Tech told me Honda is hesitant to fix those without a failure. Also said they didn’t expect this kind of response.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!