P1000 code 24. Stuck on the outter banks

81toyota

Oct 15, 2016
Harnett County, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
so im stuck on the outter banks of nc. I have code 24 come up and it does going in gear. Managed to get it in gear 1 time and ran fine. Now its back dead. Thank God im leaving today and heading home. But I know i got to look at the shift control motor when I get home is there anything else I need to look at. Also anything I can do hear to limp it on to the ferry and then my trailer?

Or am I stuck towing it?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@81toyota looks like you caught us on a bad weekend.
Usally we are better at getting back to this type of querry in a timmly manner.
There where 2 group rides this weekend and it looks like no one minding the store.

There is a way to force the p1k in to 2nd gear for a limp home function.
I'm not so hip on the method (i have a p500), I'm sure it's in the owners manual.

81toyota

Oct 15, 2016
Harnett County, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@81toyota looks like you caught us on a bad weekend.
Usally we are better at getting back to this type of querry in a timmly manner.
There where 2 group rides this weekend and it looks like no one minding the store.

There is a way to force the p1k in to 2nd gear for a limp home function.
I'm not so hip on the method (i have a p500), I'm sure it's in the owners manual.
It's all good. Got it home and pulled the shift motor and cleaned it out. Its working for the time being still going to call the dealer again tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement ordered under warranty.

Reactions: JimmyA, lee and CID
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You might check for loose wiring connectors on shift control motor etc. Could just be not making contact.

Code 24
Screenshot 20200927 195346 Drive

Components location
Screenshot 20200927 195701 Drive

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It's all good. Got it home and pulled the shift motor and cleaned it out. Its working for the time being still going to call the dealer again tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement ordered under warranty.

Glad to hear you got it home, sorry many of us were distracted from the forums past 3 days. Hope you get it fully diagnosed.

Reactions: lee and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!