P1000 Getting stuck in 1st/2nd gear...?

G

GuccisHonda

Oct 15, 2023
New Port Richey
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey all, I'm new here! I've browsed the site for awhile, but made an account to continue being able to search and get actual help!

Here my issue:

Just picked up a 2016 1000-3. Sometimes it hangs up in 1st/2nd when in auto, and then I have to turn it off and turn it back on and it's fine. Buddy I got it from put a $40 shift motor in it, so just swapped it with an OEM one.

Ran fine for about 20-30 min, and started acting up again. Cleaned position sensor, few other connections, and now I'm unsure. Help?

Only Code I'm seeing is a letter E on the gear indicator when this happens. Sometimes she's runs great for hours, then other times she gets about 20 mins into a ride and then this starts happening every couple mins.

Any help?! TIA!

Received 1050506279470918

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all, I'm new here! I've browsed the site for awhile, but made an account to continue being able to search and get actual help!

Here my issue:

Just picked up a 2016 1000-3. Sometimes it hangs up in 1st/2nd when in auto, and then I have to turn it off and turn it back on and it's fine. Buddy I got it from put a $40 shift motor in it, so just swapped it with an OEM one.

Ran fine for about 20-30 min, and started acting up again. Cleaned position sensor, few other connections, and now I'm unsure. Help?

Only Code I'm seeing is a letter E on the gear indicator when this happens. Sometimes she's runs great for hours, then other times she gets about 20 mins into a ride and then this starts happening every couple mins.

Any help?! TIA!

View attachment 406850
Hey, welcome to the club from South Florida

Is that Brett's old buggy?

I was going to suggest the relearn but it seems you did that already. Maybe @HondaTech can chime in 👍

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You should really stick to one forum, and finish there.
And then post your fix, so it can help others.

As I posted at the other place,
code 27, Shift drum position malfunction
page 11-26 in the Service Manual
Start your troubleshooting there.
Have a good day

Reactions: Smitty335
G

GuccisHonda

Oct 15, 2023
New Port Richey
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Have a good day
Checking both forums due to there being different people in each. I will post my results to both!

As for now, the connection seems good, guess I'm going to test it with a multi

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Have a good day
Apparently he's not the only one posting in two forums.....😉

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Apparently he's not the only one posting in two forums.....😉
Haha, apparently, haha 👍
If the original posters problem would have been more difficult, I would have sent him over here anyway.
At the other site I help on, many times, it is a new member.
They ask a question/problem, I help them, and then NEVER see them post again. Not even to say thank you. Pretty inconsiderate ****'s.
Those, I will not send over here.
But then others I help, appreciate it and say thanks. That, is why I help.
Have a good day

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Checking both forums due to there being different people in each. I will post my results to both!
No No No No🤦‍♂️ there is only one Honda forum that knows Diddly and thats us so lets get that straight right now lol. The other one will send you down the path of deep ruts and dispare!😂

Welcome from Radical Leftist Run Michigan BTW.
Nice looking buggy.

So one thing, you said you have as some folks would say “the dreaded 16’ model” I have a 16’ since new btw.
Did the previous owner say he had the cluch “campaign” (update) done when it was available a few yrs back? Having the original cluch system has plagued the crap out of the 16-18’ rigs. Here is a pic to see if it was done. This will help us abd crucial to the diagnosis
IMG 5175

G

GuccisHonda

Oct 15, 2023
New Port Richey
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No No No No🤦‍♂️ there is only one Honda forum that knows Diddly and thats us so lets get that straight right now lol. The other one will send you down the path of deep ruts and dispare!😂

Nice looking buggy.

So one thing, you said you have as some folks would say “the dreaded 16’ model” I have a 16’ since new btw.
Did the previous owner say he had the cluch “campaign” (update) done when it was available a few yrs back? Having the original cluch system has plagued the crap out of the 16-18’ rigs. Here is a pic to see if it was done. This will help us abd crucial to the diagnosis
View attachment 406974
Previous owner took it in on trade, drive it for a bit, then wanted rid of it since he rides his Polaris buggy mainly.

I'll go check here in a minute!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Previous owner took it in on trade, drive it for a bit, then wanted rid of it since he rides his Poo Poo Fire Trap buggy mainly.

I'll go check here in a minute!
Fixed it for ya! ;)

Well he basically went from a BA diesel to a Prius. His loss i gess🤷‍♂️

G

GuccisHonda

Oct 15, 2023
New Port Richey
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Nice looking buggy.

View attachment 406974
So there's a rounded bump, can't really see it cause it's like clay colored lol. Also has that improved clutch cover arrow as well.

20231016 101014 20231016 101009 20231016 101215

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Smitty335
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
"You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men." Like Mark in Northern Iowa
"You have the luxury of not knowing what I know."
"My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves" you from worthless people coming on this forum.
"You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like “honor,” “code,” “loyalty," and Don't piss off @Remington.
We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I couldn't resist quoting some of those movie lines. 👍
From Jack Nicholson in, A Few Good Men.
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!