Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It will fail open and therefore the wheels will turn.
If it failed it would still be in park just like you would have been. I think the chances of it failing are less then the possibility of your transmission letting loose. I'd sure do all my own wiring I wouldn't trust most people's. But it's simple to wire. I fully see it as working for what it's called emergency brake. I'm going to order it after I look up a few things I see this being a very plausible thing.Need to check lines and make sure there is a spot it could grab both brakes and look up to see if they do fail but I can't see this not working well I would buy a good unit and I will as always make a informed decision as I'm not someone who jumps on any band wagon I can't afford to make mistakes but after sleeping it it's still there The only thing I've seen is sometimes people say they have to pump brakes and I need to understand why that doesn't make sense but most people who use them have old cars with inferior brakes and drums. I'll research it from the cab of the sxs as were up throwing another couple hundred miles on it this weekend. My wife says after all the vehicles I've built she will trust it so maybe that's my green light:)

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
thinking a little more and will be till the unit arrives it's what I do but need to add a step for any developmentally inferior people that may ride the vehicle. I need to find safety neutral and use that to power the relay for said solenoid. Then the park brake can only be activated while in park. Then to leave you wouldn't even need to release it just brake pull from park and continue on. Automated like everything else on my rig and dummy proof.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

This will be even safer. I'll get it dialed in.

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
Cumminspusher, I'm not on here for a couple of days and you already have this worked out. You are the man!!!

Reactions: Kingmudd
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cumminspusher, I'm not on here for a couple of days and you already have this worked out. You are the man!!!
99% positive and thank you very much but I think it's a curse. I can't stop those voices,oh yes you can,no I can't,I want to add more,no you're not we're done with it no not even close,yes,no,then what are we going to do,idk,stop it,no, yes,you're going to build it,no no no,please,ok,but stop arguing with me,no,ok,damn you,no damn you,just buy it,fine you put it on,ok....I'll get the details figured out before I order then take pics it'll be easy

Last edited:
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being that it draws current to activate it, to me if it would fail would it not release.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You have to look into them a bit deeper. Any system that uses continuous line pressure to hold brakes will slowly release pressure even the ones I was looking at that are bolt on to the pedal for Polaris. If you look at most e-brake setups they use cable to the drums which doesn't release even new cars that actually use electronic breaking have the setup at each hub. You would never want to park with either setup. I'm designing this setup to only be able to be activated while in park for safety. It's easy hookup because there is a safety neutral switch already in the machine that doesn't allow you to start in gear. As far as your battery holding up...it only takes 1amp and by comparison your standard headlights while on use 5.83 and that's not including the taillights, It would be like only the LED taillights on. Battery will hold up to that no problem. This setup uses an alarm if line pressure gets weak which they even state you need to reset within an hour. You don't park for the night on a super steep ass hill no one does. But an hour gives you plenty of time to remove any obstacle that comes your way that caused you to have to park so dangerously and isn't using the running gear through a little pin to hold a 1700 pound vehicle back. To top it off it still will still require park to be engaged as a backup. Imagine your rig at the top of a steep hill with you under it in just park or park and brakes clamped down! It'll be fine!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I respect your abilities cumminsPusher but this isnt for me.
I think I prefer a wheel chock on a stick.
Hopefully after market fill will the need soon (for the rest of us).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I respect your abilities cumminsPusher but this isnt for me.
I think I prefer a wheel chock on a stick.
Hopefully after market fill will the need soon (for the rest of us).
Other people hook up many things this is a good idea for me and I'm going to have a legitimate unit for a 150. I understand this may be beyond someone's thoughts let not mine. I on it but not till perfect and safe. It's 6 wires and a hydraulic line not too much. I've done everything right till this point and will continue It's not for everyone.

Reactions: joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Other people hook up many things this is a good idea for me and I'm going to have a legitimate unit for a 150. I understand this may be beyond someone's thoughts let not mine. I on it but not till perfect and safe. It's 6 wires and a hydraulic line not too much. I've done everything right till this point and will continue It's not for everyone.
My concern is about having a braking mechanism that will lose it grip over time and requires constant electric supply.
It just doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe it would hold long enough for me to get out and put wheel chocks on - no need for the stick. LOL

Anyway - good on yah. It should serve the purpose you intend it to. Every mod isn't for everyone.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My concern is about having a braking mechanism that will lose it grip over time and requires constant electric supply.
It just doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe it would hold long enough for me to get out and put wheel chocks on - no need for the stick. LOL

Anyway - good on yah. It should serve the purpose you intend it to. Every mod isn't for everyone.
But what I said ghost and it holds true even the simple bolt on unit you plan on buying if it comes out releases pressure. Maybe I can't explain that to you so enjoy your purchase. For me I'm going to keep coming up with ideas to solve things and ideas to actually do things right. I thought that's what this site was for...open minds. We all can learn something from others. If people didn't have ideas you wouldn't be typing from your phone. My rig is done right by all means and many things I innovatived from them. I'll fix any thing I can on these whether a saggy door the correct dual battery setup or a parking brake but I won't suggest anything time it's right and safe. My Honda has more safety and automated items then any and it's all by thought not crap tons of money. I'm sorry I'm proud. I build on things from this site and I only hope others build from mine just like the battery setup and numbers on all before I even had one. I'm sorry I'm compulsive and obsessive but I'm not the other way. Please wait till the end with an open mind. Please

Reactions: ghost
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
JEGS Performance Products 63028, JEGS Hydraulic Brake Lock | JEGS Performance Products
How about one of these? this would address all of the electrical concerns.

Reactions: ghost
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image
JEGS Performance Products 63028, JEGS Hydraulic Brake Lock | JEGS Performance Products
How about one of these? this would address all of the electrical concerns.
Absolutely. It might be a little hard to run brake lines into the cabin but that's possibly a better way to go. There were three times this weekend an ebrake would have been awesome to use. The once we had to winch on a log that had pinched the chainsaw really bad. We were cutting it to get through the woods and misjudged the way the tree would snap and got the winch out to assist, was using the cordless remote but had to instead sit inside with brakes locked down rather then being out away from the vehicle where I needed to be to help.Another time hauling a trailer parked on a hill loading it with wood(overloading by a lot over stated tow capacity) and wasn't excited by it as we were on a hill. Just another instance. There were times on hills just as before I'd have to stay in the vehicle because of the angle of the incline. I'm pretty sure I'll go electronic as you can control easier how or when the brake could be controlled but need to consider everything for sure. I want this fixed and I've totally decided against the manual setup that holds the brake pedal I'd like a better setup then that it just seems cheesy to me but possibly the manual switch, sure a reasonable solution. My wife and a friend both said we need to do something they didn't feel comfortable with the current setup we're riding very rough area with lots of obstacles and I want to be able to turn this the 1000 into an anchor. With all that said god I love this vehicle and everyone who's driven it says nothing but positive. Had an old friend come back up this weekend who's very good behind the wheel and I've never seen that big a smile on his face as when he took off in the Pioneer. I think he was considering another brand but that's changed he was getting on it!! Loved not using the brakes and said he couldn't believe how it was always in the right gear. Didn't think he'd want a non sport vehicle but absolutely understands now why this rig is in our fleet and said he'd have no use for any other type of vehicle. For this guy to be impressed is saying something as he use to race shifter carts and dirtbikes ImageImage As you can see we were very deep and there are a few more gouged surfaces and some more lugs missing off the tires but it's so much fun to cut in trails! The interior lighting sure was nice for fixing the saw in the field Not one problem with the Honda yet and 90% of the miles are very hard it never rests. It's hauled about 15 cords of wood alone. I surely love this and hope everyone else out there is as well.ImageImage

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How about mounting below the seat? Or use flex lines and mount on dash near master cylinder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How about mounting below the seat? Or use flex lines and mount on dash near master cylinder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
n j
I was just looking at it and being placed on left side of the steering wheel is highly doable. Thank you for this idea as the more ideas the better I do like the simplicity I may use it I just need to test a bit. I might buy a cheap unit just to get a feel for it in the real world and then go from there. Needs to be simple to use and trustworthy for everyone. Haven't bought anything yet going to consider all options other than the pedal lock. I just know I want a safe system that works. Now that it's stuck in my head I'm realizing all the situations it could be used for as is everyone else here and I think my wife is now scared of areas without it and people are starting to place rocks under the tires to help I've now got a very green light from her so it will get fixed Should have had one factory.

Hey @Tramguage1 are you a bodyman I'm wondering because of your user name

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just found this to its a line holder as well. It's inly $35Image

Reactions: Tramguage1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!