Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would this have to be engaged while holding the brake to work?
Yes all of the setups electric or manual require holding the brake down to engage which is a good thing so the brakes can't be clamped down accidentally while driving. I have ordered up the equipment just waiting for brown to show up. By the following weekend the 1000 will have an emergency brake.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yes all of the setups electric or manual require holding the brake down to engage which is a good thing so the brakes can't be clamped down accidentally while driving. I have ordered up the equipment just waiting for brown to show up. By the following weekend the 1000 will have an emergency brake.
Looking forward to your write up! Keep up the good work! Don't forget the photos. Thanks!

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
I see what I think is the same mounting bracket common to the rear axle assembly of the 1K that holds the parking brake on the 700. If the disc can be added to the drive shaft, the same locking mechanism as the 700 attached to that bracket, route the cable to either an old style emg, brake pedal or handle like the 700 maybe an "almost factory" bolt on. Like most would really like to have one for when on the trailer or parked on a steep hill. I fail to understand why Honda did not use especially for a unit this heavy.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Parts came in from eBay. I bought both electronic braking and manual braking. Possibly try them this weekend if my wife winds up working. Hopefully not. I'll try both setups and find out what works better for me. Crap more work. For the last two weekends I've tried to have a wedge in the glove box to place In between the pedal and the housing.

Last edited:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
View attachment 14968

Parts came in from eBay. I bought both electronic braking and manual. Possibly try them this weekend if my wife winds up working. I'll try both setups and find out what works better for me. Crap more work. For the last two weekends I've had a wedge in the glove box to place In between the pedal and the housing.

I can tell yah I tested mine on a hill this weekend held for about 45 mins but that solenoid got hot. So much so I would worry about it melting the inner o ring. I will prob be changing to a manual brake In the future but for sort term the electric works just don't leave it on for long, of course your electric one may be different than mine.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can tell yah I tested mine on a hill this weekend held for about 45 mins but that solenoid got hot. So much so I would worry about it melting the inner o ring. I will prob be changing to a manual brake In the future but for sort term the electric works just don't leave it on for long, of course your electric one may be different than mine.
Hey thanks for your input! I really appreciate any information I can get! This unit was the heaviest duty I could find and was designed for 3000 psi. I'm looking for something for 30 minutes maximum. It would be hooked up through the safety neutral switch so you'd have to be in park to engage for safety. Honestly I am looking closer at manual however I wasn't excited to extend the lines into the cab. Electronic is easier because the lines remain the same and it's easy to control when it can be placed on. I just want an easy way to brake it if needed. I'm done with not having a solid brake we need one. Especially cutting trails in! Last weekend I was out on a knarly steep hill and saw a trail off to the side went to take pic which proved tough and dropped my phone, I had to leave it drive up and stumble my happy ass to go get it. Just another time I growled under my breath! I've read a lot on the electric ones on jeeps and tow trucks. The heat is a concern. If I went electronic it would have to have a low pressure alarm.if I go manual I'll have lines made up and do an extra set once right. If they work well and anyone is interested I could have them copied as it would be cheaper and send them out all manual units are very close and the lines would work for many units. Like I said I want electronic but at this point...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No not at all. I don't like using the transmission to park with. If you're on an incline and you pull it out of park it's pissed. I'm currently trying out the electronic setup seems ok but gets a little warm might try manual if not happy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 15983 $1.00 Parking brake DONE!
You can also use a plastic shim for adjusting household doors and windows and place it between the brake and the housing it mounts to. It opens up enough to slip that in when you step on the peddle. Easier to store in your glove box:)

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2 x 4 idea is ingenious!

This has been on my list for quite some time and my solution is going to be the following the next time I get to Lowe's.

Taking a piece of metal and drilling a hole and permanently mounting it on the left side of the brake pedal with a swivel bolt.

The other side will just be an open bracket.

When I need it, I just take the piece of metal and swing it over the brake pedal and rest it in the bracket and it's done.

Keeps it smaller than a piece of 2 x 4, almost as cheap as I don't see it being more than $20 bucks for everything, and I feel better that it could not slip under any circumstance.

However, the shim idea sounds awesome too I'm going to check that out as a possibility!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
2 x 4 idea is ingenious!

This has been on my list for quite some time and my solution is going to be the following the next time I get to Lowe's.

Taking a piece of metal and drilling a hole and permanently mounting it on the left side of the brake pedal with a swivel bolt.

The other side will just be an open bracket.

When I need it, I just take the piece of metal and swing it over the brake pedal and rest it in the bracket and it's done.

Keeps it smaller than a piece of 2 x 4, almost as cheap as I don't see it being more than $20 bucks for everything, and I feel better that it could not slip under any circumstance.

However, the shim idea sounds awesome too I'm going to check that out as a possibility!
I had just finished the manual line locker in the red one
Just days before the accident I had the manual line locker in. Tested it at home worked very well but didn't have a chance in the real world. I will try again

Reactions: Tramguage1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!