P1000 Control arms

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything I've bought off satv has fit perfectly just installed rear bumper after I tried a kfi and fit like crap and was crooked if satv makes it I buy it.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since I didn't run a lift, I didn't need the SATV camber adjustabilty. I installed the Highlifter arms front and back and they were a perfect fit. Didn't even have to adjust toe-in/out. Worked for me.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have any preference on either the super atv or the high lifter arms? About to order one or the other, just can't decide which ones to go with.
I agree that the adjustment is nice on the Superatv arms but I have had the jam nuts come loose on the front arms. The Superatv a-arm bushings also suck and aren't exactly cheap to replace despite being a simple part.

I had high lift rear arms and they fit nice but don't offer any rearward offset. I swapped them out for superatv and the superatv arms are a bit heavier and beefier and I prefer the longer wheel base.

Overall both are a good choice but I think SuperATV is a better choice.

I started with stock arms on all 4 corners. Followed by front SuperATV arms (after 7 bent front a-arms). Followed by Front SuperATV arms and rear Highlifter arms. Followed by my current set up with SuperATV arms on all 4 corners. I have not had any damage to the SuperATV arms other than 1 loose jam nut on the front lower A-arm and worn out bushings after about 1000 miles. I do not have any kind of lift but I have had Elkas since getting the SuperATV arms.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dimensions on your back screen, from CoversandAll.com I'm assuming? Just sent you a similar text.
I made the rear mesh panel out of 90% sun screen material from Home Depot. It is 56" x 27". Easy to see through. I bought the Alien Sunshade roof panel for the pioneer 1000-5, too. I also had a Gempler's Weather Tough Tarp in 7'7" x 5'7" attatched to the top rear with a couple extension poles rolled up in it. I could unroll it across the top and tie it down in case of rain, or use it as a sun awning off the back with the poles and cords/stakes for the two corners. Good summer wear.

File 000 File 001

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Post #30 is where I did my control arms. The instructions were pretty clear for me. I had a lift that aided me however they could easily be done on a jack.

Text

OUTLAW to 37931

That should get you a coupon from High Lifter for 15% off. You can order arched arms from them to move the axle forward. I have the front and rear on my machine and I love them.

I would recommend ordering with ball joints installed. It is so much nicer and easier.

I run the SuperATV 28" Intimidators on 5+2 beadlock wheels. I plan on adding the highlifter 2.5" lift if I can convince myself I need the clearance :p my main reason for choosing highlifter was that my dealer my pioneer came from is a highlifter seller and installer and told me that if I stick to high lifter he would honor any warranty claim I might need (every dealer can be different and your mileage may vary)I also purchased their extended warranty so I am covered for a long time. I do not plan on going crazy with my machine I just want to have fun. I would not hesitate to use the high lifter products again. In my opinion, if you want a tall machine go with SuperATV, if you want a little lift and clearance you will be happy with the highlifter.

Front and rear, with ball joints installed, before tax and shipping with coupon should put you at about 685

Last edited:
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that the adjustment is nice on the Superatv arms but I have had the jam nuts come loose on the front arms. The Superatv a-arm bushings also suck and aren't exactly cheap to replace despite being a simple part.

I had high lift rear arms and they fit nice but don't offer any rearward offset. I swapped them out for superatv and the superatv arms are a bit heavier and beefier and I prefer the longer wheel base.

Overall both are a good choice but I think SuperATV is a better choice.

I started with stock arms on all 4 corners. Followed by front SuperATV arms (after 7 bent front a-arms). Followed by Front SuperATV arms and rear Highlifter arms. Followed by my current set up with SuperATV arms on all 4 corners. I have not had any damage to the SuperATV arms other than 1 loose jam nut on the front lower A-arm and worn out bushings after about 1000 miles. I do not have any kind of lift but I have had Elkas since getting the SuperATV arms.

Which Elka’s do you have? Feedback on them? Anything you would do differently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have any preference on either the super atv or the high lifter arms? About to order one or the other, just can't decide which ones to go with.
I know you didn't mention them but I just ordered a full set of Texas Tough Customs 3" lift arms because after seeing their products I knew I'd never be satisfied with anything else. Only company I've run across that sets their arms with that much forward and rearward stretch. I was sick of looking at lifts because we all know by now the height doesn't help all that much if you still scrub the fenders when you turn. Plus all the wear items can be purchased at any auto parts store because they're heavy duty automotive grade! Can't wait for them to show up!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!