P1000 Control arms

M

MrGoodwrench35

Jun 18, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm interested in installing the offset arms to gain clearance so I can eventually run bigger tires. I'm pretty pleased with the SATV stuff I've gotten so far so I'll likely go with their stuff. I see 2 options for arms, both 1.5 offset, one listed as just that, then another set listed as atlas pro 1.5 offset. Looks like the Atlas pro's are bigger in diameter. Just curious if anyone has experience with both and is it worth the extra coin for the atlas pro's?

Also, should I reuse my ball joints or get theirs? My machine only has 250hrs on it so I'm sure my balljoints are in good shape. Theirs seem kinda pricey but I'm not opposed. Just not sure if its necessary. I'm very capable of swapping ball joints if thats the better option. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Buy new balljoints from ronayers.com
Screenshot 20240724 102750 Brave

Never had a issue with OEM balljoints while running superatv arms and 30 inch tires. I've had the arms for around 8k miles and I'm just now changing the balljoints. Had 8k on the original OEM balljoints with the original arms and never changed them. Idk anything about the atlas pro arms.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Buy new balljoints from ronayers.com
View attachment 438127

Never had a issue with OEM balljoints while running superatv arms and 30 inch tires. I've had the arms for around 8k miles and I'm just now changing the balljoints. Had 8k on the original OEM balljoints with the original arms and never changed them. Idk anything about the atlas pro arms.
You have to have over $129 to get free shipping. So add some oil filters and such to get you over that amount. No tax unless in North Carolina.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@SuperATV will come along later and give u detailed info.

That said…from experiance, the standard will do for 80% of riders. Ive had them on my 16’ for many yrs and many places from muck to rock with no issues. The Atlas is a more heavier duty Arm thats for a more rugged type or riding.
should I reuse my ball joints or get theirs?
As mechanic, I NEVER reuse ball joints. They need and should be pressed out. This can cause compromisation to the ball joint itself. If you are able to save them you will be replacing them sooner rather than later. For the price Id instal new when u get the arms.
Buy Once Cry Once!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm a mechanic as well and questioned wether or not re-using the existing ball joints was even an option, even though that is suggested on SATV's website. Thank you all for the info.
Dont forget to Hit “reply” or tagg the person your responding to @MrGoodwrench35 so they know and get a notice that you did. 😉

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Like @Remington said, the standard forward arms are good for about 80% of riders. If you drive like @TripleB , I'd highly recommend the Atlas Pro's. Both have a lifetime warranty and are waaaaay bigger than stock. I'm always going to recommend a new set of ball joints over reusing any. Our HD's are awesome. Never an issue there. The Keller's are the top of the line.

advertisement
S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you’ve got the money put new rhino 2.0 axels on the front while you’re at it. It’s easy when you have all of that stuff out. I didn’t on mine and 6 months later I ended up having to. Mine were 3 years old vs yours being new. Several guys told me to do it and several guys told me I didn’t need to.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you’ve got the money put new rhino 2.0 axels on the front while you’re at it. It’s easy when you have all of that stuff out. I didn’t on mine and 6 months later I ended up having to. Mine were 3 years old vs yours being new. Several guys told me to do it and several guys told me I didn’t need to.
Actually the OEM axels are pretty strong and good quality. Mine lasted 6yrs before I had trouble and that was with some rough riding.
I would advise the OP not to do that just to do it unless He cant hide money🤣
Just ride them out till they go! Might outlast most of us for all we know.

Reactions: someguy1313
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually the OEM axels are pretty strong and good quality. Mine lasted 6yrs before I had trouble and that was with some rough riding.
I would advise the OP not to do that just to do it unless He cant hide money🤣
Just ride them out till they go! Might outlast most of us for all we know.
Agreed. I had no issues related to steering angle with stock shafts but I did break a few at full droop. Staying in 4 lock with a tire off the ground seems to be pretty hard on them.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just to throw this out there.
I really like SuperATV stuff too.
I really like my C-Fab arms with lift and forward clearance built in.

Alot of people use the SuperATV arms and then crank the shock preload to gain lift.

The C-Fab keeps the factory shock pre load and gives you lift and forward clearance while keeping the factory shock angle as well.

Personally, I would never re-use ball joints.

I had a couple of things that frustrated me during my C-Fab install but it could have been my luck. Once installed everything has treated me greatly.

I currently run 30x10-14 Interco Sniper tires.