P1000 Coolant help/question

J

jac

Oct 31, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all

Just thought I would warm up the P1000 it’s been sitting for a month or so. After about 20 mins I notice a bit of coolant I think on the ground. Can’t find a leak as of yet but I found a drain/breather tube from Below water pump. I think the fluid came out of this rubber tube it was very little and doent seem to be leaked anything else. Anyone else have this happen to them before and what’s the tube below water pump for?

Thanks for the help!!

Reactions: sharp
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
When antifreeze comes out of that tube, the water pump seal is leaking. However, after sitting for quite a while, you can get a little bit leak out as the seal is getting re-lubricated by the antifreeze. If you see no more, don't worry about it. Easy to say, isn't it? You'll be checking that tubing for leaks for ever!!! lol

J

jac

Oct 31, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
I have started from cold and warmed all the way up twice since and not a drop. The antifreeze that I did find was almost slippery like it was mixed with grease maybe from the Bearing hard to tell

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!