P500 Coolant Reserve Level

P

Phyl

Mar 29, 2018
Winnipeg Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed that my coolant reserve tank has very little coolant in it. It is no where near the Min mark. I took it for a spin to get the engine to temp and the level remained the same. The temp on the multi-function display shows the engine temp in the normal range. Any thoughts?
Perhaps a coincidence, but I also have a small (slow) leak at the front end... It doesn’t look like coolant however, more like oil. I appreciate any advice.. my nearest service option is a long drive and I am no mechanic. If the coolant level in the reserve tank isn’t a concern, this will buy me a bit of time before I have to trailer it for service. Thanks all!

Pawnman87

Pawnman87

Oct 4, 2015
Murfreesboro, Ar
Ownership

1. 500
The coolant probably hasnt gotten low enough to set off any lights or make it start getting hot for the time being you can fill it with distilled water to get the levels up which i would definitely do. Also check all of the connections in the coolant hoses (fittings,clamps ect.) there has been a rash of bad connections from the factory on the things. Had to tighten up all of mine after i got it for the same reason. Hope this helps!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The coolant probably hasnt gotten low enough to set off any lights or make it start getting hot for the time being you can fill it with distilled water to get the levels up which i would definitely do. Also check all of the connections in the coolant hoses (fittings,clamps ect.) there has been a rash of bad connections from the factory on the things. Had to tighten up all of mine after i got it for the same reason. Hope this helps!!
^^^ This

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!