Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love the Orcas. My buddy is a reseller and I get them at cost Lol. I would have a difficult time paying retail but I have 4 and literally have zero complaints. I've always been hard on coolers and these have easily handled everything I've thrown at them. It is nice not having to buy a cooler once a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were probably replacing one every month or two. We only had one with handles out of the four cheapies we still have. Using a good one this weekend definitely made us all happy! Next year we'll get a big one for food they are worth every penny!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya looks like there's another contender. With the cost of these it's a good thing that so many are coming out it'll drive the prices down some and increase the innovations.

Reactions: Tflynn and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It basically comes down to, do you want your cooler to last 42.2 yrs or 42.5 years? (If it doesn't get stolen in the mean time) personally I think they are all good. Lol

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright, I just saw that small extra and started to desire more :), the more knowledge the more suffering from your desires. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alright, I just saw that small extra and started to desire more :), the more knowledge the more suffering from your desires. :)
Sounding a bit philosophical there! :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here's one for ya Solrus
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142163271219
I had actually thought about it for a sec but wouldn't have solved our issues. I remember when they first came out a little bit ago for over 500 bucks. Be cool for s beach cooler.

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nahhhh, I'm not cool , just like functional items

Yep. I wanted durable. But the blender was a cool idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those who bought RTIC or similar coolers without bottle opener, I think I found non invasive solution. I dont want to drill my cooler and return it too, and behave like spoiled kid who saw that neighbor kid has same bike but with "feathers in the butt", so stay tuned, I think I found solution, will test and return to you.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
You guys are over thinking the bottle opener. Make it easy no matter which cooler you have on the back!

Bottleopener

Last edited:
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Don't overlook the Igloo Sportsman Cooler. Between myself, my son and my SIL we have 4 Yetis and one 55qt Igloo Sportsman. The latches and hinges are every bit as tough the higher dollar ones and it holds ice as well, too. The 20 qt is usually about $125 and I just looked on ebay and the 55 was $189 with free shipping

igloo sportsman cooler | eBay

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Don't overlook the Igloo Sportsman Cooler. Between myself, my son and my SIL we have 4 Yetis and one 55qt Igloo Sportsman. The latches and hinges are every bit as tough the higher dollar ones and it holds ice as well, too. The 20 qt is usually about $125 and I just looked on ebay and the 55 was $189 with free shipping

igloo sportsman cooler | eBay
About the same price as the RTIC's

Reactions: Tflynn
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Funny story, last week I went to the Titan's game (going to the Titan's game is a funny story but there is more!). Since I didn't know where I'd end up leaving my cooler for the game I took an old styrofoam one I have. I put the ice in the cooler at around 3pm. We used it that night and then it stayed in the back of my vehicle. No joke I dumped it out 2 days later with ice still in it Lol. The temperature has been staying above 80 in the daytime. Just goes to show that I'm sure all of these coolers do about the same. I have noticed if I freeze a gallon of water and put it in the cooler the night before use, it holds ice much better.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Funny story, last week I went to the Titan's game (going to the Titan's game is a funny story but there is more!). Since I didn't know where I'd end up leaving my cooler for the game I took an old styrofoam one I have. I put the ice in the cooler at around 3pm. We used it that night and then it stayed in the back of my vehicle. No joke I dumped it out 2 days later with ice still in it Lol. The temperature has been staying above 80 in the daytime. Just goes to show that I'm sure all of these coolers do about the same. I have noticed if I freeze a gallon of water and put it in the cooler the night before use, it holds ice much better.
You just had to ruin the story line here......:D

Reactions: JTW and LandPioneer
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Here is where someone chimes in about how long the stirafoam cooler will last......and you say you can buy a life time supply for the cost of a Yeti! Lets face it, it's mostly about the cool factor......there, I said it. Yes the new ones will last forever and might hold ice a little longer but its really about how much I WANTED one. Love mine but I am not kidding myself!

Pioneercooler

J

JTW

Here is where someone chimes in about how long the stirafoam cooler will last......and you say you can buy a life time supply for the cost of a Yeti! Lets face it, it's mostly about the cool factor......there, I said it. Yes the new ones will last forever and might hold ice a little longer but its really about how much I WANTED one. Love mine but I am not kidding myself!

View attachment 25583
Yes.. but I hate to buy something that doesn't hold up. I like the rigidity of the roto coolers.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!