P500 Cooler for P500 RTIC vs Yeti

J

JTW

Ok with that knowledge (thank you btw) did they ask for replacement? How did that go? I'm asking because one of the reviews I read they were real skeptical and tried hard to break them and said the only way they could was to be super hard on it while latch was open and they weren't worried to much because of replacement.
I watched one video showing them all thrown out of a truck at 45 onto pavement and a couple were damaged including the pelican but that one was different style with folding handles and that's what got broken, but had that not broke it would have been rated 1 there also instead of second.
I'm finding out all I can because I'm very interested in this one every review says it's top notch and a couple actually placed it on top over the Orca & yeti. I wish there were a way to compare them by touch but that's not possible here.
For me it's at this point Pelican,Orca, Rtic and Yeti in that order but partially due to price and warranty.
The pelican I looked at.. and it's been a a couple years or so ago. I think it had folding latches and I didn't care for the feel of it. Hard to explain and I'm sure the models have been refined since. Honestly, for the price and the actually quality of the product. I'm really impressed with these Rtic's... I think yetis are just completely over priced and this little rtic is every bit as nice. The big Cabelas cooler I got dad is very nice and I don't think I'd do that any different due to the size and I like the handles for such a big cooler. I've gone back and forth for a loooong time on buying a good cooler. I just couldn't justify the price for what they are. Really with any of the rotomolded coolers.. Hinges, latches and handles.. and drain size depending on what you're using it for, are really the difference and it just depends on what you're going to use it for.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 6992 Ya this was the other style of Pelican I don't feel that will hold up. I want molded handles not plastic or rope. That's what broke on a test I saw.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
70qt. We carry a baby inside that holds 18 pack I believe but want one with tie downs for the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

70qt. We carry a baby inside that holds 18 pack I believe but want one with tie downs for the rack.

I'd check out the Cabelas if you're looking for that big.. I bought the 80qt for $300 and free shipping with a sale they were having. Normally $350

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd check out the Cabelas if you're looking for that big.. I bought the 80qt for $300 and free shipping with a sale they were having. Normally $350

That's the same money. The orca and yeti are lots more. But again lifetime warranty and best ice retention I'm looking at very closely. It seems like with about 5 different brands all are much better then what we've had so I'm still looking. After this last fiasco I really want a good one. Need tie downs too and some require you to buy that separately.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Or for the same $300 you could buy a Yeti 32oz tumbler.

Ok that's kinda funny! I still think yeti is good and we're the original, lots swear by it but other brands are coming up for challenge like everything. I looked at yeti first like everyone. how can plastic be so much???? Crap it's 5$ worth of plastics.

Reactions: Tflynn
J

JTW

That's the same money. The orca and yeti are lots more. But again lifetime warranty and best ice retention I'm looking at very closely. It seems like with about 5 different brands all are much better then what we've had so I'm still looking. After this last fiasco I really want a good one. Need tie downs too and some require you to buy that separately.

All the pelicans i'm seeing are $400.. and Cabelas brand items have lifetime warranties as well. Makes no difference to me what you buy.. just want to see you pleased with it!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 6993 eBay, for nearly everything we buy they seem to be cheaper. i love the white one too matches(not that that matters much) Is Cabela's lifetime too? none of the others were. I wasn't able to find many reviews on it. One showed it towards the bottom but that was only one review so can't go off of that. Getting antsy here Another lost cooler with exploded beer will not happen again (that's alcohol abuse)

Last edited:
J

JTW

View attachment 25040 eBay, for nearly everything we buy they seem to be cheaper. i love the white one too matches(not that that matters much) Is Cabela's lifetime too? none of the others were. I wasn't able to find many reviews on it. One showed it towards the bottom but that was only one review so can't go off of that. Getting antsy here Another lost cooler with exploded beer will not happen again (that's alcohol abuse)
I've seen reviews where they outscore all others.. and yes ALL Cabelas brand stuff has a lifetime warranty!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've seen reviews where they outscore all others.. and yes ALL Cabelas brand stuff has a lifetime warranty!
Already ordered, Wife said go. I don't ask permission much when camp related because some things are important but this was a big one that we weren't planning and coming into xmas I had to ask. She said only necessary items for the Pioneer for a bit but go. I'd update as we use it but I've only got a dozen years of s*** coolers to compare to but if we don't break it, it's good.i do like the hardware better then others and it's incredible at keeping things cold so we'll see

Reactions: JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

I bought cheap 1 inch tie downs at lowes for mine. Works perfect and the cost was only like $5.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I run them through the slots on the sides of the cooler and then through the bed eye towards the tailgate. You physically can't move it when it is strapped down, but you can still open the lid.
I guess I should've considered that a LONG time ago! We've always had to unstrap to open

advertisement