P500 Cooler for P500 RTIC vs Yeti

J

JTW

Already ordered, Wife said go. I don't ask permission much when camp related because some things are important but this was a big one that we weren't planning and coming into xmas I had to ask. She said only necessary items for the Pioneer for a bit but go. I'd update as we use it but I've only got a dozen years of s*** coolers to compare to but if we don't break it, it's good.i do like the hardware better then others and it's incredible at keeping things cold so we'll see
Sweet.. let us know what you think. With as much crap as there is out there it's good to have option and opinions you can trust!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You'll love being able to open the cooler without messing with anything. It's a small thing but I can't imagine having to do it anymore Lol

I wouldn't even say it's a small thing! It always pisses me off! I think that's how we lose the dang thing so much. I agree it'll be nice should have done something sooner
One thing at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LandPioneer
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
70qt. We carry a baby inside that holds 18 pack I believe but want one with tie downs for the rack.
LMFAO! I want to party with the baby

I asked my guy to stop by the office. He has had 2 broken handles and one broken latch. He has never sent them in for warranty.
HOWEVER: he has a yeti also and even with the damaged parts he prefers the Pelican. Although he couldn't say why.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well that's a weird statement from the guy?! Very curious why he'd say that

Reactions: Montecresto
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When I asked, he shrugged and said, "I don't know, I just like the Pelican better".

I guess that's good

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 6999
Figured I'd share this because someone else might be interested.
Yesterday I ordered the Pelican cooler on eBay. and it arrived today. Saved 120 including tax so all of that is great.
Quick review. Wow! Ok sometimes you get what you pay for! Really nice unit. Nearly every review on line raved about the latches and I have to agree. Smooth as hell you could open with welding gloves on. Takes no effort very nice. Sidewalls are very thick at 2 1/2" so it makes the cooler larger and heavier but it's got the most insultion of any cooler and as I read online the capacity is correct unlike many others.The drain can hook up to a hose and the scale on top will come in handy for fishing. What I like best (minus those cool latches) are the 4 tie downs in each corner and can be seen with lid open (the lid closes over them) and look very tough. The handles are molded in on this model and I'm positive they will be unbreakable. All stainless steel hardware ,lifetime warranty,and made in USA.
I wanted the toughest cooler I could find with great ice retention at a good price, well after lots of time online looking at everything I may have gotten what I wanted. The price seemed high, but after getting into it looking at others and now receiving this I calmed down a bit. It's what they said it was. And dammit it matches the sxs!
IMG 7001 Image

Last edited:
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 25166 Figured I'd share this because someone else might be interested.
Yesterday I ordered the Pelican cooler on eBay. and it arrived today. Saved 120 including tax so all of that is great.
Quick review. Wow! Ok sometimes you get what you pay for! Really nice unit. Nearly every review on line raved about the latches and I have to agree. Smooth as hell you could open with welding gloves on. Takes no effort very nice. Sidewalls are very thick at 2 1/2" so it makes the cooler larger and heavier but it's got the most insultion of any cooler and as I read online the capacity is correct unlike many others.The drain can hook up to a hose and the scale on top will come in handy for fishing. What I like best (minus those cool latches) are the 4 tie downs in each corner and can be seen with lid open (the lid closes over them) and look very tough. The handles are molded in on this model and I'm positive they will be unbreakable. All stainless steel hardware ,lifetime warranty,and made in USA.
I wanted the toughest cooler I could find with great ice retention at a good price, well after lots of time online looking at everything I may have gotten what I wanted. The price seemed high, but after getting into it looking at others and now receiving this I calmed down a bit. It's what they said it was. And dammit it matches the sxs!
View attachment 25167 View attachment 25170

That's why scientific research explorations, the military and emergency relief teams all use PELICAN!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7005 I was wanting to make sure I made an informed decision and since I hadn't actually played with any of these types of coolers I set off to Cabelas late last night to make sure. I will say that jtw was right about the cabelas brand it was pretty nice and honestly from a looks feel standpoint in my eyes it was actually second and lifetime warranty. But the quality on the Pelican is awesome and the latching I just can't say enough. All other brands it was a little bit of a struggle but other then a few things I think anyone would probably be happy with any of them. I definitely prefer the Pelican myself. But I'm glad I went!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I run them through the slots on the sides of the cooler and then through the bed eye towards the tailgate. You physically can't move it when it is strapped down, but you can still open the lid.

LandPioneer what cooler do you have? Are you just running through the handles I'm confused

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
LandPioneer what cooler do you have? Are you just running through the handles I'm confused

Which Pelican did you buy CP? It says 70 on it but looks smaller than a 70 qt.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's 70. They say it's bigger then yeti 75 inside I think. It's huge actually. I about crapped myself hoping it would even fit when I saw the box lol. I read someone put 100 beers and 6lbs ice into it so I'm sure it'll last us at least a night

Reactions: Montecresto
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

I have a 40qt Orca. There are slots made to run the straps through.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have a 40qt Orca. There are slots made to run the straps through.

Oh gotcha. That one I haven't seen up close yet

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh gotcha. That one I haven't seen up close yet

I love the Orcas. My buddy is a reseller and I get them at cost Lol. I would have a difficult time paying retail but I have 4 and literally have zero complaints. I've always been hard on coolers and these have easily handled everything I've thrown at them. It is nice not having to buy a cooler once a year!

advertisement