solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (522768) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

J

JTW

Oops :), too late, emailed already for one to give away to forum, may be become a vendor for forum, any way hope they reply and agree.

Modesty and moderation JTW :) are our weapon :) and strength.
I'm more of a "I don't want to own it all.. just everything that adjoins me" kind of guy!

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think we should elaborate topic of life views with some campfire and beer in hand :) one day

Reactions: JTW
J

Jshell3

Wow, I like this is getting viral since I posted and now even better pricing and members are proactive :)
Will keep you posted about non invasive bottle opener option. Still in the mail.
I found these at a local hardware store. $10
Thought of you guys!

IMG 2706

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found these at a local hardware store. $10
Thought of you guys!

View attachment 25794

Bought different ones two and four point, NO GO , for me , and I dont see safe point of mounting, inside lid of 20q cooler, has letters imprinted/uneven surface. So I did not want to risk drilling two or four holes inside and loose internal shell integrity and outside it will be bouncing and might not align well with other boxes on my rack due to sticking out. Those wall on openers are not small.

Denali cooler got it very nice and functional too. So I want to find something small and ergonomic.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7123
I just wanted to share this. I put ice in the new cooler Thursday before last 10 days ago and damn thing still has ice. To be fair it's been cooler out but it's been in the super warm shop last 3 days as well. This pic is as I'm leaving tonight. Never have I seen something like that! I think other coolers can do this however I can't speak for them but I can speak for the Pelican.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 25797 I just wanted to share this. I put ice in the new cooler Thursday before last 10 days ago and damn thing still has ice. To be fair it's been cooler out but it's been in the super warm shop last 3 days as well. This pic is as I'm leaving tonight. Never have I seen something like that! I think other coolers can do this however I can't speak for them but I can speak for the Pelican.

Ok, I'm going for an ice cooler test too :)

How much ice did feel it in? half cooler or full?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Three big bags I think 10 lb apiece. It was 3/4 full with everything. It started with around 60 beers they were fairly cold. I wasn't planning on testing but I just checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Three big bags I think 10 lb apiece. It was 3/4 full with everything. It started with around 60 beers they were fairly cold. I wasn't planning on testing but I just checked.

I have ice , but no beer . I hope the jury will accept no beer test results. I'm trying to support my wife , not to tease her by drinking beer at least when she can observe me :))) , so say non drinking solidarity while she is pregnant :)

I will keep mine in my office t- 70-75F range. Will fill half cooler

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I hope somebody will be able to do a controlled sxs comparison of two or three of these. The one everybody just ordered claims it keeps ice up to ten days.............but under what conditions? I've got a cheapy outside right now with ice in it for over a week, but it's kept in the shade and it's been 30* or less every night. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have ice , but no beer . I hope the jury will accept no beer test results. I'm trying to support my wife , not to tease her by drinking beer at least when she can observe me :))) , so say non drinking solidarity while she is pregnant :)

You're a hell of a guy I'd be hard pressed to do that lol.

Reactions: JTW and solrus
J

JTW

I hope somebody will be able to do a controlled sxs comparison of two or three of these. The one everybody just ordered claims it keeps ice up to ten days.............but under what conditions? I've got a cheapy outside right now with ice in it for over a week, but it's kept in the shade and it's been 30* or less every night. ;)
There have been a lot of those done.. These will hold ice better but there are a ton of factors that play in.. the biggest benefit in my mind is the rigidity of the roto coolers.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There have been a lot of those done.. These will hold ice better but there are a ton of factors that play in.. the biggest benefit in my mind is the rigidity of the roto coolers.
No question about that. But an objective sxs could be observed and reported on. Maybe Consumer Report has already done so. :)

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're a hell of a guy I'd be hard pressed to do that lol.

I think here in Montana, I am "weirdo guy", since I eat beef tongue, liver; smoked carp (the bigger the better) and shoot cotton tail rabbits and make stew out of them, no more jack rabbits, they were really gamy and tough chewing.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't know that that's weird except for that tongue bs!

Reactions: Jshell3 and solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It either beef or trout, or elk here mostly.

I also like very much roasted/smoked wild pig , was once on group hunt in GA, would love to do pig hunt again , that was a blast.

Found smoked carp pic, I usually bow fish them.

IMG 9948 IMG 20130902 140643 513

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!