Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My check went out with this mornings mail.

Reactions: sharp
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Waylan. I'm ready to ship I photo copied Your check and cut the left portion off so I need road number and if it is west or east monroe. Oops. Larry

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sportreac

On Jun 10, 2017, at 5:49 PM, Larry and Gail <[email protected]> wrote:

No on the bolts. I bought a metric studs and 7 Nuts. You double nut the nuts into the dash and double nut the upper. Then tighten the dash portion. I used a washer that fit the opening there. Undo the uppers remove them put on the plate. Add a small metric washer , nut and tighten. You can make the revel of the stud flush with the top of the nut by adjusting how much you screw the lower portion into the dash. The plates also come flat. You need to bend them to fit the dash. I used a ratchet strap around a propane bottle and the rubber end of a hammer or assist. Hope this helps

On Jun 10, 2017, at 2:41 PM, The Honda Side by Side Club! <[email protected]> wrote:

The Honda Side by Side Club!
Montana, sporttrac4x4 started a new conversation with you at The Honda Side by Side Club!.

Cover for shifter holes
View attachment 46059
Are you using the same 2 bolts to hold the cover on and if not does it come with them if you buy one?
View This Conversation View All Your Conversations
Please do not reply to this email. You must visit The Honda Side by Side Club! to reply.

This message was sent to you from The Honda Side by Side Club! because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received.

To stop receiving email, please edit your contact preferences.

The Honda Side by Side Club!

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Larry Amboy. I just shipped to you
Thanks Larry

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
something that makes va nice install of bolts it to use what some call is rivit nuts, basically a nut the is held in place by a nut that compresses like a pop rivit, then use machine screws to hold the cover in place. I made a panel,for switches, and radio, to replace the warning lable, I used them worked real good, and easy to remove the panel if needed for access to switches wiring.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
something that makes va nice install of bolts it to use what some call is rivit nuts, basically a nut the is held in place by a nut that compresses like a pop rivit, then use machine screws to hold the cover in place. I made a panel,for switches, and radio, to replace the warning lable, I used them worked real good, and easy to remove the panel if needed for access to switches wiring.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
The dash is already tapped for a bolt or studd. The stud works well because you can double nut and tighten where the origional bolt was. Then put the plate on the dash. Then add a washer and nut and tighten. When the pkate iscroundes to fit the dash chances are tge round will be a little more than tge dash. The nut and washer pulls the plate to the dash, flattens the curve and majes firca tight fit.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dash is already tapped for a bolt or studd. The stud works well because you can double nut and tighten where the origional bolt was. Then put the plate on the dash. Then add a washer and nut and tighten. When the pkate iscroundes to fit the dash chances are tge round will be a little more than tge dash. The nut and washer pulls the plate to the dash, flattens the curve and majes firca tight fit.
Ok didn't know that, what your are doing should work good. I plan to order one later, not in the budget this month .

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!