Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Figured since the ol JAH still runs after what I’ve just put her through she deserves a third chance at a good life.
It’s a wee bit worse then when I bought her already totaled out. This rebuild has already cost triple what the first did. But it’s been a good time and definitely proved it’s the most dependable machine I’ve seen locally that will fit in the woods.
I’ve learned a few things about Talon and what I need, took 4 Pioneers to get there, now it’s her turn.
Rebuild is under way.

IMG 1618
IMG 1672

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Gotta little time in it already from the last week. I did decide to run the turbo from the other machine, I really hope it’s not bad idea because it’s not needed where we ride, if anything it may hurt.
Should’ve been easy swap but ran into issues from the bone headed dealer instal. Stripped and overnighted bolts, clearance issues causing rubs and things ran wrong. Didn’t even hook vacuum to the blow off valve. Lotta crap replaced.

IMG 1774

IMG 1678

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One thing that sucks with the Jackson Racing turbo is taking assembly off to get to the maintenance obviously. But what’s worse is the design where you need to take lower hoses off, that’s retarded. If stuff is muddy or dirty underneath it’d just suck. So I figured I’d change that up. Now at least you just have to take off upper intercooler hoses which is just fine. Took a bit to get the clearance to move the mount plate to the inside of the rear cover, but it should’ve came like that!
I just got clearance, threw on c-clips and ground down inside of cover to fit flush. I’ll probably do a plate on the outside at some point.

IMG 1745
IMG 1775
IMG 1746
IMG 1747

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got new rear cage section on today. Too many hits with the old one. To be honest I much prefer the black so front section will be painted to match.
This needed done to mount the intercooler.

IMG 1771
IMG 1773

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Gotta little time in it already from the last week. I did decide to run the turbo from the other machine, I really hope it’s not bad idea because it’s not needed where we ride, if anything it may hurt.
I'll be curious about this. I know a turbo would add (a bunch) to the fun factor but I'm already having a LOT of fun without one.

Secret backside of Wilson Arch - Photo opportunity thanks to @Moab_Marty - 👍

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll be curious about this. I know a turbo would add (a bunch) to the fun factor but I'm already having a LOT of fun without one.

Except for the dunes which we only make a couple times a years it’s not necessary and tbh it was a lot in the heavier x4 with 32’s it was a lot to deal with in tight trails. I may hate it on the lighter machine with stockies. I expect double the tire bill but should be a kick in the ass. I blame it all on the conversation with @WillyBill when he was up riding with you!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Are you going do something with your tree kickers? They look…well…really “kicked” lol.

Wondering if your going to do something like a trail armor skid that wraps up and around or?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are you going do something with your tree kickers? They look…well…really “kicked” lol.

Wondering if your going to do something like a trail armor skid that wraps up and around or?
Part of me wants to leave them on because they still protect and are now much slimmer lol. Ive got a new set though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just used stainless washers for now, it’ll look better later. Also black hose clamps.
Boost installed.
IMG 1782

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wife got new radiator in, that’s been a bit of a problem. One new fender and two new outer flares. New grill has new headlight and back cover installed, ready to mount up.

IMG 1787

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1789
IMG 1793
Cage front section was pulled prepped and painted to match the new rear section. Absolutely digging the black cage over the blue.
New windshield is sitting there, need to trim the light bar mounts. Has big vents in this one that tilt up.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Of ya, and she runs. Fires up great, immediately did a clutch reset as well and it took first time. Can’t wait to get seat time. Rain is putting an end to the build for a bit, sucks not having a garage. Trying to get it somewhat put together for Mother’s Day next weekend

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Was a b**** getting the back window to fit. Massive clearance issues because of the intercooler mounting to the ROPS.
Had to cut and reweld inside roll bar sections, trim and bend window frame after moving it up, trim intercooler mounts, tilt them back and flip intercooler upside down.
Yes I know intercooler needs airflow but back window opens and I may put fans on the sides. But back window figured out and most way in.

IMG 1818

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok well, she runs and runs good! First time driving.
Sure feel the tire pressures now lol. Gotta bump them up a little but everything feels good. Did a clutch relearn and that now feels solid. Actually shifts awesome with boost, clicks those gears pretty quickly. Seems to idle and run smoother with the tune. Quick little test drive before the woods this weekend.

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure feel the tire pressures now lol. Gotta bump them up a little but everything feels good. Did a clutch relearn and that now feels solid. Actually shifts awesome with boost, clicks those gears pretty quickly. Seems to idle and run smoother with the tune. Quick little test drive before the woods this weekend.
Morning Lectric Turbah CP! Enjoy it!
Nomo

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I truly think a turbo is the answer to every Talon question!🤪 Seriously it does make it shift and ride/driving experience better. The low end power comes on so much sooner and has helped us in all types of riding situations especially rock crawling. Not that the Talon doesn’t perform good without a Turbo….it just makes it that much better with a Turbo. I honestly don’t really care for a Talon without a Turbo as my experience is that good with a Turbo. That may bring on some hate but I love turbo power!!😜😂 Can’t wait to hear how it does first weekend out CP!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I truly think a turbo is the answer to every Talon question!🤪 Seriously it does make it shift and ride/driving experience better. The low end power comes on so much sooner and has helped us in all types of riding situations especially rock crawling. Not that the Talon doesn’t perform good without a Turbo….it just makes it that much better with a Turbo. I honestly don’t really care for a Talon without a Turbo as my experience is that good with a Turbo. That may bring on some hate but I love turbo power!!😜😂 Can’t wait to hear how it does first weekend out CP!!
Like the power. There just won’t be as much mashing the skinny pedal in the technical🤣
Oh I’ll report back either way

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couldn’t hit the trails without the important sticks!
Well she ain’t rebuilt but had to be ready for the weekend

IMG 1856
IMG 1855

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Remember what I said about previous tire pressures not good enough? 5 min in right front debead. Running 18psi now much better for the turbo. f***!! This thing is a b**** now. The extra power is questionable but it sure makes the machine respond. I4wd needed. Lots of fun

IMG 1894

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!