P1000 Crank, No Start

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since I've had it, it has an occasional die after starting. Starts, sputters then dies. Starts, sputters then smooths out and all is good.
I have know idea if that is related.

Went on a trip came home, pulled it off the trailer, parked it, overnight. Currently, cranks won't start. Fuse is good, and I have power to the relay but it won't switch the coil. Fuel pump runs when 12vdc is applied. Ground has .1 ohm to chassis. Brown wire at relay has continuity to the pump. (power is supplied to by the wire on the other leg when the coil actuates.)

MIL shows code 12. I don't see any damage at all to the injector wires or plug. Is it normal to appear good?

I'm going to look for a schematic and see if I can find where the wires from the injectors terminate to check continuity. If anyone already knows I'd appreciate a share.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
MIL shows code 12. I don't see any damage at all to the injector wires or plug. Is it normal to appear good?

This is your issue...
You won't be able to see the damage. The wire is broken inside the insulation.
This issue is very common.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since I've had it, it has an occasional die after starting. Starts, sputters then dies. Starts, sputters then smooths out and all is good.
I have know idea if that is related.

Went on a trip came home, pulled it off the trailer, parked it, overnight. Currently, cranks won't start. Fuse is good, and I have power to the relay but it won't switch the coil. Fuel pump runs when 12vdc is applied. Ground has .1 ohm to chassis. Brown wire at relay has continuity to the pump. (power is supplied to by the wire on the other leg when the coil actuates.)

I'm going to look for a schematic and see if I can find where the wires from the injectors terminate to check continuity. If anyone already knows I'd appreciate a share.
You can't see the broken injector wires, same thing happened to me?

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You can't see the broken injector wires, same thing happened to me too.

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I found it!!!

Mother %$^%$!!!!!

So I found the schematic and found the red black wire, it terminates to the PCM. Three of the wires at the PCM, including the rd/blk had been chewed by a rat. The rd/blk was completely severed and only had an 1/8" sticking out of the plug, the other two had been chewed just a little.

I had to disassemble the plug enough to get a needle on the tab to release the female pins. I was able to open the prongs holding the insulation on the pin and strip it. There was enough left to make nice tight twist and make a neat tidy solder. Heat shrink and slide it back in with a little dielectric lube on the heat shrink. The other two just a little heat shrink, lube and slide them in.

I didn't take any pics, it was hot... and I was PISSED!!!

And finally, I set traps in the barn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!