P1000m5 Cruise Control

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
I'm using P1k5 to pull a 200 gal weed sprayer and need to be able to keep a constant speed to apply the appropriate herbicide rate evenly. I'm trying to go 6mph at around 3000-3200 rpm. I used a planer to skim some 2x4's to place under the gas peddle. It works, but is a pain to move boards back and forth from under the gas peddle when going in reverse. Does any one have any suggestions? Is there an electrictronic throttle control? Is anyone else going to do any spraying with their pioneer?

Reactions: moparornocar
pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I have a P1K3. Yes I will be doing spraying with mine to. It's why I wanted paddle shifters to keep it in low gear when I spray at low speeds. I have not seen an electronic throttle control yet for the Honda.
We have the World Ag Expo in 2 weeks. I will check and let you know.

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a P1K3. Yes I will be doing spraying with mine to. It's why I wanted paddle shifters to keep it in low gear when I spray at low speeds. I have not seen an electronic throttle control yet for the Honda.

I will be spraying thistle out at the family farm. I hope these 4ply tires with the added weight fair well driving over thistle.
How about some type of threaded rod or a cantilever that feeds through a bracket mounted on dash. Threaded rod could screw down into peddle for desired speed, a cam lever or a spring clamps and a rod may work also. Just spewing my thoughts sorry. Lol

Reactions: moparornocar
H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
I'm in the Turlock area. I'll be going to the Expo also. I hope Honda has a large display. Are you at all concerned about this kind of low speed towing heating up the motor or transmission? I'm assuming this kind of work should be well within the engineering.

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
I will be spraying thistle out at the family farm. I hope these 4ply tires with the added weight fair well driving over thistle.
How about some type of threaded rod or a cantilever that feeds through a bracket mounted on dash. Threaded rod could screw down into peddle for desired speed, a cam lever or a spring clamps and a rod may work also. Just spewing my thoughts sorry. Lol
I was thinking of something similar if something electronic isn't available. Most tank semi trucks have the knob to control the rpm's when pumping out their tank. You pull out for the large adjustment then twist for a finer adjustment to dial it in. Just not sure how they connect to the throttle cable. How's that for some thought vomit

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it's so early in the release to get hard info on how these trannys handle extended heavy work.

T

trailrider1205

Aug 30, 2017
Edgerton, ks
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very interested in "Cruise Control" as well. Ideally electric that will kick out when brake is applied.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very interested in "Cruise Control" as well. Ideally electric that will kick out when brake is applied.
I looked into an aftermarket cruise system for a car, but the speed sensor in the pioneer won't "talk" to the brain of the cc properly. Check out @snuffnwhisky build thread. He used a choke lever I believe to make a throttle control. That's what I'm planning on doing for my cross country trip next year, as I imagine keeping your foot steady on the pedal will get tiring after awhile.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I used a TeraFlex hand throttle for a jeep. It has detents to lock into position. With stock gearing, it will bog going up hill empty under 4k or so. With that much weight your towing at only 6mph is going to be difficult with a fixed throttle.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I looked into an aftermarket cruise system for a car, but the speed sensor in the pioneer won't "talk" to the brain of the cc properly. Check out @snuffnwhisky build thread. He used a choke lever I believe to make a throttle control. That's what I'm planning on doing for my cross country trip next year, as I imagine keeping your foot steady on the pedal will get tiring after awhile.

Was this the one you looked into?
Rostra Cruise Control Kits 250-1223

advertisement
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes it's so early in the release to get hard info on how these trannys handle extended heavy work.
I have a 60 gal spray rig that goes in the bed, top speed when using the boom is 3 mph, using the wand is stop and go. Put out 120 gal today and the odometer said 1040 miles, and it hasn't been off the farm yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!