Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Actually stayed home this weekend for side job, but wound up doing a couple light things to the truck, don’t really want to work on something else. Doors weren’t fully adjusted and had some wind leaks ,door panels weren’t completed and needed sound deadener in doors.
Driver side done, so after adjustments (can only get a 36yo Dodge cab so good) I’m getting the red stripe on the upper two-tone now. Still got lower moldings to go.looks better with the stripe I think. Will add a small silver one inside and on edge of red to duplicate the factory Dodge one. Dodge went orange/silver though. I want Cummins/Honda red.

AD7EBFFF 636C 418E A779 535A953D0AB8

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It amazes me at how low the running rpm’s are on dodge diesels. My new one red lines at 3,200...😳

My old Z-71 gasser was hitting 4,500 all the time pulling the fifth wheel....🙄
When you stop and think about it the lower the rpms stay, if not lugging, the more life the engine gets.
The 12 Valve like all mine was a 2500 redline, but I bumped this up to 3200 so I’d have a bit more time in between gears with the manual. Cruising down the highway loaded at 75 it’s just over 1900 which is perfect for power/mileage though with a Cummins.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely. Makes one wonder about a Talon that redlines near 9,000......😂😂
I’ll tell ya from a lot of experience on dirt bikes. The Honda R series (race version) has drastically more valve and engine issues then the X because it’s a higher limit and make power up top rather then mid range. I’m sure that would hold true from Pioneer to Talon as the Talon has higher revs.
So many of the dirtbike guys I know raise the limiter and sit there revving to piss out of them. The really dumb ones will fire it up and immediately bounce of the limiter. Then b**** about how often they have issues. It’s dumb.
A belt engine will never last as long as a geared engine because of that. Need huge revs just to move at all. Yami and Kawi are somewhat better because of the clutched belt setup then others but still need much more revs then a Honda for most of the time. Even Talon will run low R’s unless you choose differently, but you still don’t want to lug anything.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well she’s back down at the custom shop. Turn down the smoke screw, she’s smoking a little too much during take off and changing gears. Them bump the boost just a little as the egt’s are low enough and exhaust pressure shows there’s more to go. And then to adjust valves.
Got b****ed at a little for the camper. Love the gate on one of his trucks!

7CD3B292 2C16 42B5 8066 FEFA241405AA

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Harder to park in shop overnight and test drive when finished. He likes to find something to give me s*** about.
Lol. Btw, were you able to find new door panels, or did you find some really clean ones from a truck of the same year model. And do you do body work for pay on the side?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol. Btw, were you able to find new door panels, or did you find some really clean ones from a truck of the same year model. And do you do body work for pay on the side?
The armrests and lower carpet are new, the rest I repaired and used SEM vinyl trim once got the vinyl texture correct with texture coat. Doing interior is new to me but already learned a few tricks, really not much different then bodywork/paint.
Yes, probably a dozen side jobs went directly into this build. It was important to me to have a paid off truck when done and no payments. I’m not well off so extra work was critical. Would've definitely been a quicker job had I had money falling out of my ass lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And to think you did this with those horrible orange tools?! I didn't think they were capable of such a feat :p
Oh I’m aware there are better but I’ve had many of them over 10 years, they’ve built many rigs including camper van and all the Sxs’s. This wasn’t near the workout they got building the bus. They work fine for a hillbilly like me

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!