P1000 Cup holder Mod

T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
Like many of you, I felt that the cup holders in the Pioneer were a failure. Hasn't Honda heard of the wildly popular Yeti beverage holders? After reading through the forum on this topic, I decided to try something a little different. I had 2 extra stainless steel cup holders from a project on my boat. One of the cup holders is a single inside diameter, and the other has two inner sizes like this: Amazon.com : Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper : Boating Deck Hardware : Sports & Outdoors

After testing both sizes of Rambler tumblers, a 12 oz can, a bottle, a can and bottle with a coozie, and a can in a colster, I decided that the cup holder with two inner sizes would be best. All of the above beverage holders fit inside the holder. And all were snug with the exception of the colster....which fits inside, but moves around in the holder. I figure I can just wedge a coozie in beside the colster to keep it still.

Installation was pretty easy. Remove the oem cup holder as described here: P1000 - In dash cup holders Next cut the oem cup holder holes out in the dash (I used a dremel...and I carefully picked location, hole size, etc several times before cutting because I didn't want the hole to be too large and I wanted to make sure the top outer rim fit flush.) Remove the sticker off the adhesive ring, drop the cup holder in the hole, and press down so the adhesive does it's job.

IMG 8129

$12 later, I'm now happy with my new cup holders. I may have to go back and add some additional adhesive on the underside of the rim at some point, but it seems to be fine so far. I wish my colster fit better, but this cup holder gives me more options over OEM.

***DISCLAIMER: I don't recommend you cutting your dash. I assume no responsibility for what YOU do to YOUR vehicle. :) ***

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Great idea, the 500 has the same cupholders that are only good for small diameter cups/cans, may have to try this!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Like many of you, I felt that the cup holders in the Pioneer were a failure. Hasn't Honda heard of the wildly popular Yeti beverage holders? After reading through the forum on this topic, I decided to try something a little different. I had 2 extra stainless steel cup holders from a project on my boat. One of the cup holders is a single inside diameter, and the other has two inner sizes like this: Amazon.com : Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper : Boating Deck Hardware : Sports & Outdoors

After testing both sizes of Rambler tumblers, a 12 oz can, a bottle, a can and bottle with a coozie, and a can in a colster, I decided that the cup holder with two inner sizes would be best. All of the above beverage holders fit inside the holder. And all were snug with the exception of the colster....which fits inside, but moves around in the holder. I figure I can just wedge a coozie in beside the colster to keep it still.

Installation was pretty easy. Remove the oem cup holder as described here: P1000 - In dash cup holders Next cut the oem cup holder holes out in the dash (I used a dremel...and I carefully picked location, hole size, etc several times before cutting because I didn't want the hole to be too large and I wanted to make sure the top outer rim fit flush.) Remove the sticker off the adhesive ring, drop the cup holder in the hole, and press down so the adhesive does it's job.

View attachment 12209

$12 later, I'm now happy with my new cup holders. I may have to go back and add some additional adhesive on the underside of the rim at some point, but it seems to be fine so far. I wish my colster fit better, but this cup holder gives me more options over OEM.

***DISCLAIMER: I don't recommend you cutting your dash. I assume no responsibility for what YOU do to YOUR vehicle. :) ***
will this cup holder hold a 32 oz Gatorade bottle

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea! Thanks for sharing. May have to try this

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 12209

Does a Yeti can Koozie fit in there?

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Got the plastic ones in. I didn't want to cut the dash so I put it on top and screwed it in. Pretty sturdy. Can finally fit a yeti!
IMG 20160709 151648
IMG 20160709 151655

C

Cohutta

Jun 25, 2016
NWGA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, OP.

The plastic ones don't seem to be the same dimensions in the description.

advertisement
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got some of these today and nothing seems to fit in them very well. I have to jam the Yeti in where it's so tight it seems like it will pull the cup holder out with it, and everything else is very loose. 32 Gatorade does not fit in the ones I got. What am I missing here? Are they better when installed.

J

JTW

I got some of these today and nothing seems to fit in them very well. I have to jam the Yeti in where it's so tight it seems like it will pull the cup holder out with it, and everything else is very loose. 32 Gatorade does not fit in the ones I got. What am I missing here? Are they better when installed.
Mine aren't installed.. coke cans fit fairly well in the lower portion but would be better if they were deeper.

These are the ones I bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013D7TXZO/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!