P1000 Custom cage

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone seen a cage with this design on a 1000-5? I really want to do it this winter but I have zero welding experience, and I don't know how much it will cost to have someone do it...

20181017 161415 1539810855860 001

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I could build you one.....but I'm in iowa

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's @snuffnwhisky it's nice View attachment 90745

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Best one I’ve seen, and there’s a few different styles out there already. What tickles my fancy is a low flat roof or a small slope.. The others look strange to me when they drop off on the rear half. Completely my opinion.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with yeah on that !
Best one I’ve seen, and there’s a few different styles out there already. What tickles my fancy is a low flat roof or a small slope.. The others look strange to me when they drop off on the rear half. Completely my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone seen a cage with this design on a 1000-5? I really want to do it this winter but I have zero welding experience, and I don't know how much it will cost to have someone do it...

View attachment 90742
The one i have now was originally gonna be alot like that pic. But halfway through rolling, friggin tube rotated on me and i didnt notice it til i was done. After that i said screw the rear section and went with just the front. The arch on mine looks almost identical to your pic. At this angle it looks flat but its actually arched.

advertisement
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That last one with the cage that dies off into the bed... is there any good place to actually the the cage to right there under the bed?

I don't care if my bed still dumps, and I'd rather the cage look like this anyway. Sooner or later there is going to be a fallen tree sticking into the trail (almost parallel to the trail) and it is going spear itself between the factory cage c pillar and tailight area of the bed. Then, as the sxs keeps moving, the tree is going to get bound between the cage and the bed... I'm sure it won't be pretty lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That last one with the cage that dies off into the bed... is there any good place to actually the the cage to right there under the bed?

I don't care if my bed still dumps, and I'd rather the cage look like this anyway. Sooner or later there is going to be a fallen tree sticking into the trail (almost parallel to the trail) and it is going spear itself between the factory cage c pillar and tailight area of the bed. Then, as the sxs keeps moving, the tree is going to get bound between the cage and the bed... I'm sure it won't be pretty lol.
You could probably come through bottom of the bed and bolt it to something underneath. Itd be alot easier to bring tubing over tailgate though. That rear section can be removed in less than 3 mins.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!