Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happy to report the all balls 8 axle appears to be very high quality. Weighs in at 14lbs where stock was 13.5lbs. Comes complete even with a new castle nut and cotter pin. The boots are nice and soft instead of that hard plastic feeling the stock ones are. Also I found a tiny little pin hole in my stock boot that is where the grease came from the boot did not did not slide out of the clamp

Reactions: joeymt33 and BWAF
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happy to report the all balls 8 axle appears to be very high quality. Weighs in at 14lbs where stock was 13.5lbs. Comes complete even with a new castle nut and cotter pin. The boots are nice and soft instead of that hard plastic feeling the stock ones are. Also I found a tiny little pin hole in my stock boot that is where the grease came from the boot did not did not slide out of the clamp
I hope so...... I put All Ball on all 4 corners. Had one break at the Takeover that was brand new and was surprised it broke no more than it was abused. They sent a new one under warranty no problem. I'm dealing with a little more heat than I want to see on the rear cv joints. I guess time will tell.

20180530 194908

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, some of the things the aftermarket’s advertise is running cooler, increased articulation and strength! But with all that said... they were great to work with! I’d buy them again despite them running a bit hot. I’m curious how they’ll read now that I’ve put some more miles on them. And again... the only time I noticed the heat was running full speed blacktop.
I've read this thread 3 times, beginning to end, I understand how you bend tie rods, can't believe I haven't done this yet. But how and why are the axles failing?

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
J

JTW

I've read this thread 3 times, beginning to end, I understand how you bend tie rods, can't believe I haven't done this yet. But how and why are the axles failing?
At this point they aren’t failing.. just f***’n Hot! I need to take another temp reading and see if they’ve improved any with wear.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!