Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
"Make sure to grease the seal in the diff. I used grease liberally on the splines and sealing surfaces. "

Did you use same grease that came with CV boot repair kit?

I honestly can't remember what grease I used. The grease pack would be fine to use if you like. I keep several types around for
Equipment maintenance so I could have grabbed anything.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same question here I could not get the joint out, may be Im too gentle tapping? :confused:

First question is, do you need to remove the balls?

Next, I did have to hammer pretty hard to get the first one out. They get easier after that. Just don't punch the races or the ball itself.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First question is, do you need to remove the balls?

Next, I did have to hammer pretty hard to get the first one out. They get easier after that. Just don't punch the races or the ball itself.

Yes, I had to go to the shop and use same punch tool you did and place it in vice , then it was easier to get it off, I did not take balls out , beacuse all looks clean , but had to put cv boot. All good now, it will be easy next time. Now back to my double wheel project.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, I had to go to the shop and use same punch tool you did and place it in vice , then it was easier to get it off, I did not take balls out , beacuse all looks clean , but had to put cv boot. All good now, it will be easy next time. Now back to my double wheel project.
Double wheel project??? What did I miss?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm tempted to show one pic? Interested? :)
Have a kit to try on ATV with 10 mm lug nuts, but my friend still have chains and dont want to take off until Spring :( and I want to test ride without chains.

For Honda I need to fabricate 12 mm coupler nuts, looks like 10 mm was easy to re-thread into 12 mm. Did with one nut, will need to finish rest. and then try on Pioneer 500.

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here we go :), once tested , will post my impression, so far what I see they are positive and pricing is very right :)

At least they are ready to roll for ATVs with 10 mm thread.

Gka extention

Reactions: Tflynn
Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reassembly is pretty straight forward. Just be sure to use grease everywhere prior to reassembly.
617bfa45ccb2c54b7c0fb8451cf4fe24

Here it is all back together.
Eb014ca0348f2af3b95a6d27c815d1fd

The next step is to wait for the UPS man to bring the new boot.

More to come.....

Joe
I took mine apart and after cleaning my markings rubbed off. I have tried for two hrs to get the balls in the holes get to the last one and it's impossible to get in. I see there are different sizes and one end of it is bigger than the other but I can't figure it out. My fingers are raw from trying to put it together so many times... Any ideas

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I took mine apart and after cleaning my markings rubbed off. I have tried for two hrs to get the balls in the holes get to the last one and it's impossible to get in. I see there are different sizes and one end of it is bigger than the other but I can't figure it out. My fingers are raw from trying to put it together so many times... Any ideas
I didn't even keep up with the order of the balls when I took them out. Mine went back in easily so I'm not sure what is going on. Sorry!

Reactions: joeymt33
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@joeymt33
I know this is an old thread, but do you have any part # for the boots you used? Thinking about getting a couple before the takeover. I may just pickup a speare front and rear axle.

Thanks, Mike

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33
I know this is an old thread, but do you have any part # for the boots you used? Thinking about getting a couple before the takeover. I may just pickup a speare front and rear axle.

Thanks, Mike

I don't remember the part number. I went on Rocky Mountain ATV website and looked up a kit for the pioneer 700. I believe it was the "all balls" brand. Seemed to be ok.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@joeymt33

Thanks, Mike
All Balls CV Boot Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I've had the replacement on for a few months now. It is working just like it should. I too ordered a replacement to put in my tool bag.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I will check them out, thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Hey Tram remember that both rear axles are identical but the fronts are both different. So if you're packing spares you'll need left front, right front, and rear.

Reactions: LandPioneer
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey Tram remember that both rear axles are identical but the fronts are both different. So if you're packing spares you'll need left front, right front, and rear.
I noticed that while surfing. But thanks for the heads up. Thats 300 to 600 for spares

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!