TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone posted these a while back, maybe @TxDoc ? I picked up a set and used them this whole riding season. They've made standard ratchet straps obsolete IMO.

View attachment 302476
I have them mounted hidden in my trailer floor so I don't trip and fall, post stroke. They make several models/styles that attach to trailer rails or with hooks on both ends to attach temporarily. They never can get slack as the reels automatically take up any slack that may appear.

E733d79d2fa5389d52eba8f93e438784E503d3e3452a03f70ecf215811185445F45627e534d606d35c3347ac65cccc0a

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

E

Ehof

Oct 15, 2021
Mountain City, TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
My apologies. These days there's a bunch of 1st and only posts where people ask or say something really silly. To most on here, someone asking if they can still use a broken 5 dollar strap to secure a $10-$20k machine if they simply tie a knot in it, is a silly question. After the last couple of years in life I should know better than that and I should have taken you more seriously. Again, I apologize if I hurt your feelings or you're offended, triggered, etc. etc. Please, stick around and ask more questions. Many of us are here to help.
Apology accepted. You superior intellect is obviously on display. I should have anticipated having to spare with a genius such as you. Thanks!

Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those 1” straps aren’t strong enough when new. Quality 1” straps have 4500# capacity, but I would never recommend smaller than 1.5” but would prefer 2”. The ratchet is actually less capacity than the strap. After traveling over 60,000 miles per year for the last 40 years, I see those cheap straps scattered all over the highways for 3 reasons: they either break, or the suspension on the machine bottoms out and the hook falls loose, or they are stretched over a steel edge and are cut. The thing to remember is that a 1000# strap may hold the weight under optimum conditions, but when you hit a bump, that 1000# has the energy of much more than that. Personally, I use the set of 4 Powertye Fat Straps that are 6000# each for any SxS transport.

B

Billbo

Dec 28, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello club! Damaged one of my 4 1000-pound tie-down straps close to the s-hook. Cut off the damaged section and tied the hook back on with a loop knot (see photo). How much is the strap compromised? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

View attachment 302247
It was good to get you home but replace it as soon as possible. You don’t want your machine to get damaged because of compromised strap.

Reactions: rtn001
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I wouldn't even use it to get home, unless it's a short distance. I would only use it to get me too the closest place I could buy a new one. But then that's just me. 25 years as a LEO and I have seen too many cases of Daaaaaaa. This was a outstanding learning exercise with a good question asked and answered.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!