P1000m3 Dash modificaton and exhaust video modification.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Decided to replace the "warning sign" on the dash with a piece of aluminum I had sitting around. I think it came out pretty good.
20160720 101444 20160720 101020 20160720 092447 20160720 092415
Also removed the exhaust tip and took it to a friend who has a garage in the town where I live. Asked him if he could cut the 1.5 inch tip off and re-weld a 2 inch tip with the same angle of the dangle. He does a lot of truck exhaust work so using the plasma cutter he removed the stock tip and then welded a 2 inch tip on it. It now has a very pleasant exhaust note, not obnoxious at all. I also drilled the first plate in my muffler with three 1/2 inch holes. The video is with my phone and it gives a reasonable representation of the sound. Also I'm recording this in the garage so it's a little louder than if it were outside.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Decided to replace the "warning sign" on the dash with a piece of aluminum I had sitting around. I think it came out pretty good.
View attachment 18680 View attachment 18681 View attachment 18683 View attachment 18682
Also removed the exhaust tip and took it to a friend who has a garage in the town where I live. Asked him if he could cut the 1.5 inch tip off and re-weld a 2 inch tip with the same angle of the dangle. He does a lot of truck exhaust work so using the plasma cutter he removed the stock tip and then welded a 2 inch tip on it. It now has a very pleasant exhaust note, not obnoxious at all. I also drilled the first plate in my muffler with three 1/2 inch holes. The video is with my phone and it gives a reasonable representation of the sound. Also I'm recording this in the garage so it's a little louder than if it were outside.
Great idea looks even better:)

Reactions: drfubar
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I had bought a 2inch tip years ago for my Honda Rincon and I loved it, ( still on it today) gave it a better sound and it also fixed the issue of my rincon dying when at idle with muffler under water, I would love to have one for my P1000

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had bought a 2inch tip years ago for my Honda Rincon and I loved it, ( still on it today) gave it a better sound and it also fixed the issue of my rincon dying when at idle with muffler under water, I would love to have one for my P1000
Send me you tip and I'll get it done... I just don't know what he'll charge. $10-$20 bucks I would say. Not a lot and the tip he puts back on is SS.

Reactions: Trailjohn
B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 18680 View attachment 18681 View attachment 18683 View attachment 18682
I like how your exhaust sounds on your videos, any chance you have any photos of the holes in the muffler plate or location description?
thank you if you can provide any more info. by the way I enjoy the videos that you have on you tube etc.
Scott

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like how your exhaust sounds on your videos, any chance you have any photos of the holes in the muffler plate or location description?
thank you if you can provide any more info. by the way I enjoy the videos that you have on you tube etc.
Scott
No pictures... I just added 8, 1/2 inch holes to the outer plate. I actually did 5 and tried it, then 7, then 8... It does sound pretty good... not loud at all

B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No pictures... I just added 8, 1/2 inch holes to the outer plate. I actually did 5 and tried it, then 7, then 8... It does sound pretty good... not loud at all
Thank you for the info, I’ve built a SS exhaust tip now for the drilling.
Thank you again,
Scott

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you for the info, I’ve built a SS exhaust tip now for the drilling.
Thank you again,
Scott
I guess I didn't give you enough info. I drilled the plate inside the muffler and had the tip size increased. Put the tip back on. I believe the enlarging of the tip helped a little too

advertisement
B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I didn't give you enough info. I drilled the plate inside the muffler and had the tip size increased. Put the tip back on. I believe the enlarging of the tip helped a little too
I will finish mine up right after I get my clutch improvement done

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!