P1000 Dash v2.0

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am actually more interested in pics of the speed goats. I have one on the wall that missed B&C minimums by 1/4" green (and I am not a trophy hunter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From spring to mid-summer, this place is crawling with antelope. They are amazing critters in how fast they run and the crazy eyesight/vision. They can see you, and watch you before you can glass them with binoculars. Some close to our house get use to us and won't run until we are about 100 yds. The young'ns are about the size of a dog and can run almost as fast as adults VERY early on.

Maybe you know how to prepare antelope, but the one's I've had were not that great...gamey and stringy. They make a nice mount though!

Reactions: elkaholic
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll get a picture today. Plan on going out to pop some Jackrabbits later.

EDIT: Ok, got back and here is a couple of pictures of the rifle holder. It is a Ram clamp attached to a "Quick Fist" made in USA gizmo for holding "stuff"...rifles, yard tools, crow bars...I got it in the gun section of our Sportsman Warehouse. Works GREAT.

Only saw 2 Jack Rabbits, no coyotes and about 10 antelope. 43 miles on the PK and the wrench maintenance minder came on.

View attachment 49432 View attachment 49433

This is the simplest, easy access set up I have seen.
Couple questions:
Do you have anything on the floor to hold the stock?
Does the gun bounce around over rough terrain?

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the simplest, easy access set up I have seen.
Couple questions:
Do you have anything on the floor to hold the stock?
Does the gun bounce around over rough terrain?

Right now I have nothing on the floor, but I'm still thinking on that one...but amazingly, on a 50 mile run yesterday, through all kinds of stuff, the AR didn't move at all. The little bit of leeway on the rubber barrel mount allowed the butt to stay put. I would still like to have something simple on the floor...I'll share it if I find something...

The best part of that barrel gripper is how fast you can release the strap and get the rifle into action...

J

JTW

Right now I have nothing on the floor, but I'm still thinking on that one...but amazingly, on a 50 mile run yesterday, through all kinds of stuff, the AR didn't move at all. The little bit of leeway on the rubber barrel mount allowed the butt to stay put. I would still like to have something simple on the floor...I'll share it if I find something...

The best part of that barrel gripper is how fast you can release the strap and get the rifle into action...
I like my overhead big sky rack.. but it's sure not quick... I may have to add one of these!

Reactions: Corona1
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

If you can find one (try Google and / or Swiss Army Vehicles in Fayetteville, AR at www.pinzgauer.com ) the floor butt ring that is standard in a Pinzgauer (710M / 712M models) would be perfect. I am willing to bet they have one or two laying around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corona1
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks for the info. I have a simple idea for the floor/stock security. I'll share after I play around a bit.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
From spring to mid-summer, this place is crawling with antelope. They are amazing critters in how fast they run and the crazy eyesight/vision. They can see you, and watch you before you can glass them with binoculars. Some close to our house get use to us and won't run until we are about 100 yds. The young'ns are about the size of a dog and can run almost as fast as adults VERY early on.

Maybe you know how to prepare antelope, but the one's I've had were not that great...gamey and stringy. They make a nice mount though!

Yes, they are amazingly fast creatures and can haul ass from about 3 hours old. They are both wary and curious and it is the latter that usually gets them.

I think much of the taste has to do with what they eat. I was told the same thing you told me so with limited space available (was also hauling an elk home) I donated about half the meat. The area where I was hunting has a lot of alfalfa fields and the taste was quite good despite this one being old. I've had whitetail deer that was much worse.

My $0.02

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, they are amazingly fast creatures and can haul ass from about 3 hours old. They are both wary and curious and it is the latter that usually gets them.

I think much of the taste has to do with what they eat. I was told the same thing you told me so with limited space available (was also hauling an elk home) I donated about half the meat. The area where I was hunting has a lot of alfalfa fields and the taste was quite good despite this one being old. I've had whitetail deer that was much worse.

My $0.02

I agree, very surprised with the taste of the antelope we have taken. The crops consist of winter wheat, alfalfa and sage. Much better than the whitetail and mule deer from same area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!