P1000 Dash v2.0

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the first iteration of the dash, I used polished diamond plate and inserted all the goodies but really never liked the look of the diamond plate.

I wanted to rewire and add plugs and ports for charging assorted devices, apart again it came. This time I used vinyl carbon fiber wrap and I real happy with the results and the new look. I added a Blue Sea dual USB charger, hot all the time...wired the stock power plug, hot all the time and added a second power port hot when keyed on.

Still have the RAM mounts for the Garmin and a rifle holder and added three blanks for a someday winch and off road lights. Also added a volt meter/outside temp that plugs in the key on power port...pulls right out if I want...

This setup will suite my needs pretty well...

20170718 155909
20170718 155930

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jez, I'm telling you...working with these rigs is a slippery slope...LOL

I figure if I only have 3 ports I'll have to stop there (ya, right)

A stock PK is just a starter kit...then the fun starts, kind'a like a Harley.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure glad Honda put that all important GIGANTIC safety warning plate right in the center of the dash. We'd all be screwed if they didn't...

BTW...what are you guys seeing for running voltage? I'm seeing 14.1 to 14.2 running down the road. Seem a bit low compared to automotive at 14.7+/- This also verified with my Fluke.

J

JTW

Sure glad Honda put that all important GIGANTIC safety warning plate right in the center of the dash. We'd all be screwed if they didn't...

BTW...what are you guys seeing for running voltage? I'm seeing 14.1 to 14.2 running down the road. Seem a bit low compared to automotive at 14.7+/- This also verified with my Fluke.
Same

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How does your rifle mount to the ram mount? looks good

Reactions: sharp
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does your rifle mount to the ram mount? looks good

I'll get a picture today. Plan on going out to pop some Jackrabbits later.

EDIT: Ok, got back and here is a couple of pictures of the rifle holder. It is a Ram clamp attached to a "Quick Fist" made in USA gizmo for holding "stuff"...rifles, yard tools, crow bars...I got it in the gun section of our Sportsman Warehouse. Works GREAT.

Only saw 2 Jack Rabbits, no coyotes and about 10 antelope. 43 miles on the PK and the wrench maintenance minder came on.

20170719 093734
20170719 093838

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So did you have rabbit for supper or are you frying it up for breakfast?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So did you have rabbit for supper or are you frying it up for breakfast?

Yeah, enquiring minds want to know when to show up for fresh wabbit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sadly, Mr. Waskley Wabbet is not the dinner fare this evening. He did meet a swift demise, being dispatched by Mr. Armalite Rifle #15 and Mr. Hornaday's 60gr V-Max.

The poor bastard was also so covered with ticks it made my skin crawl...Exhibit "A"...

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ooffff. Body shot.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am actually more interested in pics of the speed goats. I have one on the wall that missed B&C minimums by 1/4" green (and I am not a trophy hunter)

J

JTW

Sadly, Mr. Waskley Wabbet is not the dinner fare this evening. He did meet a swift demise, being dispatched by Mr. Armalite #15 and Mr. Hornaday's 60gr V-Max.

The poor bastard was also so covered with ticks it made my skin crawl...Exhibit "A"...

View attachment 49468
One of my questions for God is what's the deal with ticks? Why??

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It appears you had to make a plate to attach the quick fist to? so you could attach the ram mount to that plate?

*edit*- nevermind, i see you actually have the mini version that come like that.

thanks for the pictures.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It appears you had to make a plate to attach the quick fist to? so you could attach the ram mount to that plate?

*edit*- nevermind, i see you actually have the mini version that come like that.

thanks for the pictures.

It's a 1" ball with a AMP, 4 hole standard mount. Works slick...from the RAM website...
RAM 2" x 1.7" Base with 1" Ball that Contains the Universal AMPs Hole Pattern for the Garmin zumo, TomTom Rider & Urban Rider Unpackaged - RAM-B-347U | RAM Mounts

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!