ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had more negative experiences than positive. When it comes to servicing transmissions, differentials, etc (AND difficult canister oil filters such as late model 4-runners) I place a small amount of nail polish on bolts IOT see if they were really removed and the fluids really changed, valves really checked and adjusted, etc. I do my own!
Face it, we're in an integrity challenged time period. I'm a very busy, 68 year old dentist but do all my tractor, tractor accessories, car, truck, atv,utv,lawn mowers,, 98 Honda 300, etc maintance serving, etc. I take excellent, care of all my stuff(still have my 4 hp Johnson boat motor, I got new in 1969, and my 1985 Evenrude 70hp). Just ordered a service manual for the Pioneer 700. I may be wrong, but it appears rather easy to service and repair.
I've used 2 different Honda dealerships for purchasing/ initial service(one of them). One didn't change the fluids or do the clutch adjustment I was charged for(same oil filter left in - fingernail polish not broken on filter or differentials - 300) and nothing lub'd on P-700). I'll never get too busy to care of my equipment, and I'm really busy.

Million times LIKE!

Like @joeymt33 the new house is getting a lift. I'm not 68 yet but I'm old enough I don't like rolling around on the floor anymore.

Customer service is also non-existent.

The dealership I put my deposit down with I would trust about as far as I could walk on water.

Reactions: JACKAL and joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Million times LIKE!

Like @joeymt33 the new house is getting a lift. I'm not 68 yet but I'm old enough I don't like rolling around on the floor anymore.

Customer service is also non-existent.

The dealership I put my deposit down with I would trust about as far as I could walk on water.

Frozen Water? perhaps? :p

I think any service shop (Dealership) charging for work not done should be reported, taking money for service not performed is stealing. Like the fella with the nail polish marking that's is undeniable proof of what did not occur.

Reactions: Farmer
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Had a Honda 4wheeler new since 98 and never had valves touched. Service all done by me, what's with all this valve adjustment nonsense every 600 miles?

Seems nuts to me.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had a Honda 4wheeler new since 98 and never had valves touched. Service all done by me, what's with all this valve adjustment nonsense every 600 miles?

Seems nuts to me.

I had one valve that was twice the clearance spec at 20 hours. The other one was spot on. I think some may have not been set right or some may have loosened. I think Honda says that we should check because a small percentage may need an adjustment.

Reactions: Buryit
S

SEW

Jul 31, 2015

Seems nuts to me.
Have you checked the valves?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Frozen Water? perhaps? :p

I think any service shop (Dealership) charging for work not done should be reported, taking money for service not performed is stealing. Like the fella with the nail polish marking that's is undeniable proof of what did not occur.

If theres enough frozen water to walk on I am too far north, or hell froze over. Either way I'm probably not having a good day.

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sounds like oil slap. The dipsticks on these things are terrible. They probably overfilled and the crank was slapping oil in the bottom of the crank case. It will cause engine strain and could be the cause of weird shifting. Engine was trying to overcome the added resistance.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yea they adjusted the valves. The smoke stopped now but i don't know why it did it at all. I'm taking it to the dealer Tuesday. Got to get the skid plate recall done and that spot on the air box fixed and tell them about the smoke and all the other stuff.
They got some oil in the exhaust somehow. Sloppy bastards.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!