P1000 Dear Honda, a list of complaints for the 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Then create a thread in fixing the bed. I absolutely love my vehicle and I still agree with the box.

"Hey Honda figure an electric factory dump box option for 5-$700 and I'll buy it. Keep factory box the same so that people that don't need it don't have to pay for it"
@ Cumminspusher Its really best to not engage with this guy. When you bring a logical and constructive argument he just comes back with underhanded remarks like we're unable to grasp the root concept of his issue. I stand by my observations of his attitude in the previous thread.

Are there things I don't like about the rig? Of course, but on the whole it serves my purposes extremely well. When it's deficiencies really start to bug me, I'll source some ingenuity from here or come up with my own fix. Instead of creating a novel of a gripe, just so everyone knows I'm upset.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@ Cumminspusher Its really best to not engage with this guy. When you bring a logical and constructive argument he just comes back with underhanded remarks like we're unable to grasp the root concept of his issue. I stand by my observations of his attitude in the previous thread.

Are there things I don't like about the rig? Of course, but on the whole it serves my purposes extremely well. When it's deficiencies really start to bug me, I'll source some ingenuity from here or come up with my own fix. Instead of creating a novel of a gripe, just so everyone knows I'm upset.

LMAO! Logical and constructive?? Nobody has yet to bring a logical and constructive debate as to why it's perfectly acceptable to have a dump not able to dump. In fact, all anyone has brought is the typical.

you're a whiner

If you don't like it sell it

Shut up and go enjoy the thing

None of those are logical and definitely not constructive.

Why everyone is in such a rush to protect the name Honda when it's obvious they have a major issue here is beyond my imagination.

But one thing I know for sure, the second that you all start having issues on the features that YOU use, like the automatic transmission, the paddle shifters, or the clutch is burning out, you will be singing a different tune.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Thank you and I see that. So much for logical thinking.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even I agree the seat heat sucks I've complained about being scorched by steam too but if someone reads around a bit that's for the most part a 25 dollar fix through @Bayouownbeer on site or others as well. Others on here have other great ideas as well. Or simply take out windshield. Me personally covered it lightly so it can come off for those cold night rides as well as winter. But it's worth a thread. We're all different and have different needs in our machines I've even been learning that more. That's not what I was saying. there is just away of going about things and it wasnt going anywhere. Didn't seem like anyone wanted to do anything but complain. I've got some valid complaints to and deal with them on a level that gets something done on my machine and might help others in the process. Honda doesn't give a crap about what a couple people complain about if it's just 30 things in a row. It's just flat out negative. They are going to look at the thread with the most hits on a problem or two and go about fixing it at least to the best of their ability. I understand the want of a company to listen to its customers needs and I honestly believe they are listening. Many do I'm sure. Big Red till P1k in only a few years with many very nice models in between. They're listening.
Just took my P1000 deluxe in to my dealer for 100 mile service. Told him about the seat heat and also heat filling the back area where grandsons sit. He suggested something like a bilge pump blower like in our boat engines. Should reduce heat coming from engines. Could be controlled by rocker switch in dash? Have not installed one yet but couldn't hurt. Also yea really like how well rig turns tight corners, much better than my old fourtrax. Also found great cargo carrier at Harbor freight, very reasonable. Have extension on my rear hitch receiver, thats why it sticks out so far.

100 0980 100 0981 100 0979

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
plumber101010: There are fixes for the box, please pick one and fix it. If you could afford to pay 18k for the machine, surely you should be able to put another $200-300 into the box to make it the way you want it. That's the beautiful thing about these machines, they are fully customizable. My complaint was the seat heat, I'm fixing it, using one or more of the several suggestions put forth by our fellow riders. People are here to help, listen and chose an idea. But to keep going on and on sure as hell wont fix anything. Or, use your brain, come up with something, and then sell your idea to those who want it. Its the American way. But to keep snapping at everyone I guarantee you wont fix anything.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
plumber101010: There are fixes for the box, please pick one and fix it. If you could afford to pay 18k for the machine, surely you should be able to put another $200-300 into the box to make it the way you want it. That's the beautiful thing about these machines, they are fully customizable. My complaint was the seat heat, I'm fixing it, using one or more of the several suggestions put forth by our fellow riders. People are here to help, listen and chose an idea. But to keep going on and on sure as hell wont fix anything. Or, use your brain, come up with something, and then sell your idea to those who want it. Its the American way. But to keep snapping at everyone I guarantee you wont fix anything.

Read the threads, go back to the beginning, which no one ever does, and you will see I only snap when snapped at.

I started making complaints about the Honda, and others starting to make it personal by making complaints about me. It's a personal attack. And I get the snap back!

The concept that you really think I'm supposed to fix something that comes standard is just absurd.

What is so hard about this everybody? Why is everyone having such an issue with this? One of the main reasons I, key word I, not YOU, bought this vehicle was because I need to do a lot of rock hauling deep up in the mountains.

Honda said that it could carry and DUMP 1000 pounds of weight. For me, that was MAJOR.

When people say dumb things like you should have researched it, you should've done this you should've done that. No one is listening to my logical response, there is no way to test drive 1000 pound load of rock!!

Why does everyone assume that all dealers have this wonderful track behind the shop where you can test drive? Very few dealers have test tracks behind the shop. For starters there aren't many places to test drive!

And even if there was, there are no places that I'm aware of, has 1000 pounds of rock handy to be test dumped!!!

So when I read responses like, you should've researched better, I look at that as a frivolous response with no logic or weight to it. It's argumentative. It's useless.

This is the whole purpose of this thread, because when I DID research it, I found NO place complaining about the dump not dumping. And while I was at it, I wanted to open it up for everyone else to compose and post your own issues so that when others did research, they would have material to look at.

Everyone should be embracing this thread instead of making fun of people whining.

So I started a thread so that the next person who decides to buy this machine because he needs to haul rock or dirt also, will realize the machine is not capable of doing it!!!

That's as simple as it gets. And for everyone to waste room on this thread arguing about how I am whining, I should come up with my own fixing, ignore the fact that Honda lied to everybody, how I need to be more creative and think of something on my own, is simply ludicrous.

I don't want to design my own UTV. I I left that up to the professionals.

This all boils down to one thing and one thing only, and always will. Because everyone else could care less about a dump trailer, I'm supposed to care less too. And again I tell you, not until you drive a mile up in the mountains and have to shovel this out by hand taking 10 minutes to do something that could be done in 10 seconds, would you ever realize it's an issue.

But to call the person who has a legitimate complaint, to call the person who has exposed Honda for false advertising, is utterly, absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: AZhunter
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Read the threads, go back to the beginning, which no one ever does, and you will see I only snap when snapped at.

I started making complaints about the Honda, and others starting to make it personal by making complaints about me. It's a personal attack. And I get the snap back!

The concept that you really think I'm supposed to fix something that comes standard is just absurd.

What is so hard about this everybody? Why is everyone having such an issue with this? One of the main reasons I, key word I, not YOU, bought this vehicle was because I need to do a lot of rock hauling deep up in the mountains.

Honda said that it could carry and DUMP 1000 pounds of weight. For me, that was MAJOR.

When people say dumb things like you should have researched it, you should've done this you should've done that. No one is listening to my logical response, there is no way to test drive 1000 pound load of rock!!

Why does everyone assume that all dealers have this wonderful track behind the shop where you can test drive? Very few dealers have test tracks behind the shop. For starters there aren't many places to test drive!

And even if there was, there are no places that I'm aware of, has 1000 pounds of rock handy to be test dumped!!!

So when I read responses like, you should've researched better, I look at that as a frivolous response with no logic or weight to it. It's argumentative. It's useless.

This is the whole purpose of this thread, because when I DID research it, I found NO place complaining about the dump not dumping. And while I was at it, I wanted to open it up for everyone else to compose and post your own issues so that when others did research, they would have material to look at.

Everyone should be embracing this thread instead of making fun of people whining.

So I started a thread so that the next person who decides to buy this machine because he needs to haul rock or dirt also, will realize the machine is not capable of doing it!!!

That's as simple as it gets. And for everyone to waste room on this thread arguing about how I am whining, I should come up with my own fixing, ignore the fact that Honda lied to everybody, how I need to be more creative and think of something on my own, is simply ludicrous.

This all boils down to one thing and one thing only, and always will. Because everyone else could care less about a dump trailer, I'm supposed to care less too. And again I tell you, not until you drive a mile up in the mountains and have to shovel this out by hand taking 10 minutes to do something that could be done in 10 seconds, would you ever realize it's an issue.

But to call the person who has a legitimate complaint, to call the person who has exposed Honda for false advertising, is utterly, absolutely ridiculous.
My Honda actually is less a pain in the ass than some other things in life. We have local equipment rental businesses if someone wants to spread 1000s of pounds of rock where I live.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado

Suit yourself, most, if not all here, just trying to help. But, cant help if you wont accept it. One last time, there are fixes, let it go and just fix it. For me, time to go back to enjoying my Honda, get it ready for upcoming weekend.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think we are just tired of beating a dead horse. We agree with you, what should we say? We are not Honda, just enthusiasts.

So what's the end game? Do you want everyone to agree with you? Or do you want Honda to fix it?

You've out forth a lot of effort on this and to a group of people that can't fix it for you. We said we agree and some don't.

Go look at a thread created about the heat issue. Someone complained, then it was agreed upon by several and some didn't, then people looked for solutions, lastly now there's a guy selling heat shields. This thread never followed the progression be cause it seems you want everyone to agree with you. It ain't going to happen, that's life.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 7G

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think we are just tired of beating a dead horse. We agree with you, what should we say? We are not Honda, just enthusiasts.

So what's the end game? Do you want everyone to agree with you? Or do you want Honda to fix it?

You've out forth a lot of effort on this and to a group of people that can't fix it for you. We said we agree and some don't.

Go look at a thread created about the heat issue. Someone complained, then it was agreed upon by several and some didn't, then people looked for solutions, lastly now there's a guy selling heat shields. This thread never followed the progression be cause it seems you want everyone to agree with you. It ain't going to happen, that's life.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 7G

I am only responding to posts made about me. I'm not beating the dead horse, I'm responding to the others that keep beating the dead horse.

Four people post and I make a response to those posts because they are posts aimed at and comments made about ME.

I don't see how responding means I'm the one beating the dead horse..

advertisement
Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the point of the original poster is to bring some opinions of current Pioneer owners to the attention of Honda (if in fact they pay any attention to a Forum). Everyone's opinion and use is slightly different. If you have a gripe about your Pioneer, just list it here. If not, move along. If Honda does read this they will stop at the second page.

So far, I have nothing bad to add however I would like to see more "sport" in the future.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Honda actually is less a pain in the ass than some other things in life. We have local equipment rental businesses if someone wants to spread 1000s of pounds of rock where I live.

After reading this one, I do have a tendency to just give up.

No matter how hard I try, it seems that nobody can follow what this issue is about.

Everyone's trying to give me an alternative to it, a workaround to it, or to ignore it, or turn a blind eye to it, or fix it or move on from it.

I've already come up with a fix for it and I posted, by taking the front winch and assisting to lift it.

Knowing there's a rental piece of equipment available that can haul rock is not even the point.

Point is I don't need to rent something, because I PURCHASED a piece of equipment that can supposedly haul and dump rock..

I'm not looking for a solution, I'm looking for a Honda to come up with a solution.

I give up, officially. That's it for me!

This is exactly what's wrong with the world today. Most seem to be extremely satisfied with the fact that a company can advertise that it's UTV can haul and dump more payload than any vehicle on the market when it cannot.

Most seem to be more than satisfied that when come to find out that's a false statement and a flaw in the design, and those statements were used to sell something, most they are just willing to swallow it and ignore it because life is short.

I don't want help fixing it. I can come up with my own fix. The fact is, it shouldn't have to be fixed.

This is the exact kind of complacency that takes place in every day life across-the-board and why Americans continue to get screwed every single day by big corporations..

Because people are just willing to swallow it and move on cuz, " it's not affecting me so why would I care?"

But I do believe it's blatantly obvious at this point, this thread is going to keep going on and on and on with everyone pointing the finger at me, for pointing my finger at Honda.

So why bother anymore? Let's just do it you all's way. Let's let companies keep advertising and selling their equipment by false means, failing to meet the standards they advertised it would, let's just keep ignoring it and moving on.

I'm leaving the phone at the house and going to get to work on my property. You all can babble on and on all you want about me now, I just don't care anymore.

Don't have a thread that shows complaints and negatives of a product. Don't have a place so that next time you try to research and purchase something, you'll be INFORMED about the negatives of it. Do find out the hard way when others knew ahead of time but didn't share because they were labeled whiners.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the point of the original poster is to bring some opinions of current Pioneer owners to the attention of Honda (if in fact they pay any attention to a Forum). Everyone's opinion and use is slightly different. If you have a gripe about your Pioneer, just list it here. If not, move along. If Honda does read this they will stop at the second page.

So far, I have nothing bad to add however I would like to see more "sport" in the future.

Read this right before I threw my phone down disgusted. Exactly. Precisely. You hit it right on the head. This was a simple thread. If you have a complaint, list it so we can bring it to the attention of Honda so they could possibly change it.

It was not a place to start screaming about how I'm whining simply because, God for bid, I had something bad to say about something...

The world is flooded with great websites and reviewers like Amazon. You think people who write a product review on Amazon were labeled a whiner?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am only responding to posts made about me. I'm not beating the dead horse, I'm responding to the others that keep beating the dead horse.

Four people post and I make a response to those posts because they are posts aimed at and comments made about ME.

I don't see how responding means I'm the one beating the dead horse..
I'm going to finish my rant on this note. I along with others felt this particular thread was not only damaging to a rig that many of us spent all we could on but also most of us did research and even though there are some things (many if not all of us agreed most of the statements here) that we would like as well to see but instead of coming up with solutions it was just "fill in you b****es here________" that does nothing. I'm apologetic that you felt attacked but keep in mind some others did as well. This thread is now a personal fight against the one complaint about Honda lying to us. Officially they did not however I will say a agree it was very misleading. I've seen ad after ad of companies doing that just read the fine print. Had this thread been about the dump bed issue I think many wouldn't have had a problem with it but it was much more. Again you made some good points and at a later date done correctly even my hard head will be open to listen once again. Again I agree with some of what you're saying and you are a member with a Honda so you have a right to be on here and I can't wait to more of that later but for now I'm done with this thread.

Reactions: Stauvo
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just took my P1000 deluxe in to my dealer for 100 mile service. Told him about the seat heat and also heat filling the back area where grandsons sit. He suggested something like a bilge pump blower like in our boat engines. Should reduce heat coming from engines. Could be controlled by rocker switch in dash? Have not installed one yet but couldn't hurt. Also yea really like how well rig turns tight corners, much better than my old fourtrax. Also found great cargo carrier at Harbor freight, very reasonable. Have extension on my rear hitch receiver, thats why it sticks out so far.

View attachment 16230 View attachment 16231 View attachment 16233

Weld a new neck on that thing and get it just under your tailgate. That thing is gonna get so beat up and muddy being so low.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lock this s***ty thread so we can all get on with our lives. Plumber hates the dump bed. Sell the machine or fix it.

Enough is enough.

If you sell it great. If you fix it do a writeup. But nobody cares about it anymore. The horse died page 2. Why are we on page 4?

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
This thread is kinda bad and kind of good. The bad it's being rhetorical over the same issues we all run into. The good there are solutions to the iusses.

No sxs is perfect. If you want a perfect sxs build your own from scratch.

I also honestly think these manufactures leave some room for the aftermarket manufactures. It all works, and works together well.

My only complaint is the dump bed could use a little more assist. I have a small 20 quart cooler I set in the middle of the bed and it won't lift it up. I have to manually lift it up to the top so it doesn't creep back down with the cooler in the back. I'm looking into a power dump bed option that will solve my problems. I'm not b****in about it think it's a place for the aftermarket to step in.

Better storage would be nice, but we bought the machine knowing it didn't have much. There are options for a little more, so use them.

Like stated before the bad tend to out weigh the good. Just about all if not all of these problems have been posted before and Honda knows about them already I feel like. Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree, this topic has ran its course.

Topic is now closed!

We all know our Pioneers have issues. Let's work together and find solutions for what we can as we have been doing since day 1.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!