BOX1

Dear Honda, please do the right thing with my new P500

G

gtistiffler

Honda,
Bought my new P500 a few weeks ago. After the first ride I discovered a weld on the frame MISSING! I don’t want a new frame on my brand new machine I paid cash for. I don’t want the weld fixed. A mistake in manufacturing and QA at your plant has caused me to not have my sxs for hunting season. I sold two Honda ATVs to buy my p500. Now I have nothing while my dealer is trying to work with you to figure this out. I want a new P500 properly and safely manufactured or a refund so I can buy another one. Myself or my kid could have been seriously hurt or worse if I hadn’t noticed this when I did.

Keith Stettler
Case # 11671241
59B68484 B6E4 41EC A403 49CDB899D557

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda,
Bought my new P500 a few weeks ago. After the first ride I discovered a weld on the frame MISSING! I don’t want a new frame on my brand new machine I paid cash for. I don’t want the weld fixed. A mistake in manufacturing and QA at your plant has caused me to not have my sxs for hunting season. I sold two Honda ATVs to buy my p500. Now I have nothing while my dealer is trying to work with you to figure this out. I want a new P500 properly and safely manufactured or a refund so I can buy another one. Myself or my kid could have been seriously hurt or worse if I hadn’t noticed this when I did.

Keith Stettler
View attachment 233622
Honda rarely will do whole unit replacements, but not impossible.

Good Luck.

Maybe see if you can get your money back and wait for the 520?

Last edited by a moderator:
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly not trying to be a d*** but if thats the only place they missed i would ask for it to be taken to professional welder. That is alot better than them switching frames. I've been welding since I was 10 and learned from some of the best that doesn't scare me a bit. Like I said a professional welder not some dumb*** in there shop that thinks he can weld.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand it shouldn't of never happened, but where seeing this alot with aftermarket parts. with plants going offline and back online constantly with this stupid covid, Crap is getting messed up boxed wrong not assemble correctly its just a mess everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: Jerryg
G

gtistiffler

Honestly not trying to be a d*** but if thats the only place they missed i would ask for it to be taken to professional welder. That is alot better than them switching frames. I've been welding since I was 10 and learned from some of the best that doesn't scare me a bit. Like I said a professional welder not some dumb*** in there shop that thinks he can weld.

I get what your saying. I even know a friend that owns his own fab shop. What about the rest of the welds I can’t see? My perspective is I shouldn’t have to get my brand new frame welded on or replaced bc Honda’s manufacturing made a mistake and their QA process missed it as well. The frame never should have made it to the next step in the assembly process without quality control noticing it. Another of my points is this, I tend to keep things for a couple years. When I go to sell it I will feel and should be obligated to inform the perspective buyer that it had either had the frame replaced or was welded on when it had 11 miles on it. If I was a buyer I would walk away at that point and find another unit. Just my opinion. I understand everyone is different.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I absolutely agree it should of never happened. i would have them pull the skid plates and look and guarantee that's the only placed missed. Weld is a weld dont matter who done it long as its done right.its not a repaired frame its just finishing 2 inches of bead

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honestly not trying to be a d*** but if that's the only place they missed i would ask for it to be taken to professional welder. That is a lot better than them switching frames. I've been welding since I was 10 and learned from some of the best that doesn't scare me a bit. Like I said a professional welder not some dumb*** in their shop that thinks he can weld.
I studied welding for 5+ years as a hobby, I just couldn't get enough of it - those guys are magicians and underpaid for what they know. I agree, not some shop monkey nitwit with a $125 110v harbor fright MIG. :oops: Looking at that photo, I'm not sure anyone could get around that weld now that it's fully assembled.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!