BOX1

P1000 decompressors seem loose

K

Kawiekujo

May 3, 2022
nova scotia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
hi, new here. I have a customers pioneer 1000 here for a valve adjustment for a top end noise, they were fine. But while I there I noticed the decompression mechanism at each end of the cam is extremely loose and you can rattle them around in every direction. Maybe that is how they are designed but it seems really sloppy for honda. Can anyone confirm the decompressors are that loose by design? I asked the dealer and did lots of Google searches but no luck.

Thanks

W

Wrench318

Sep 14, 2022
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did you ever determine if that's normal, I have the same issue, top end noise valves are good but decomp lobes are extremely loose?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!