ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not closing friday looks like. Seller has to clean up debris then another appraisal has to be done. Personally im worried i may get screwed. Told wife we may have to walk away if theres any funny business.

Seems fishy they all burn once there’s a contract. Insurance fraud on sellers part?

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dammit man!! Hate to hear this..hope it all works.out and you get yourself a nice new big shop.

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems fishy they all burn once there’s a contract. Insurance fraud on sellers part?

I'm curious how you write the insurance money into the sale. My thought is the re-appraisal will set the value of the home without the buildings. I think the seller will have to relist it at a lower price and the seller will pocket the insurance money.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm curious how you write the insurance money into the sale. My thought is the re-appraisal will set the value of the home without the buildings. I think the seller will have to relist it at a lower price and the seller will pocket the insurance money.
Yeah well thats not happening. Not gonna have a mortgage (no matter how much lower it is) plus borrow to add shop and storage bldgs.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly i dont think so. The other 3 caught during night after firefighters left thinking 1st bldg was completely out. They lost alot of keepsakes.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alot of variables and most arent favorable.
Yeah well thats not happening. Not gonna have a mortgage (no matter how much lower it is) plus borrow to add shop and storage bldgs.
Scratch that...i "might" consider doing that if it ends up being equal sq footage at same price.

Reactions: sharp and chadbo
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Drivers side is gonna get one too. Gonna sandwich my cooler between them.
Way off track hear, but your E Brake bracket works GREAT! Trailed it twice since the easy install, world of difference! Carry on!

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alot of variables and most arent favorable.

Scratch that...i "might" consider doing that if it ends up being equal sq footage at same price.
Just build one, a big one! HA! I've got $ 53,000 in a red iron 40 X 75?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The appraisal most likely won't come back lower by the replacement cost of the buildings but if the seller has insurance he likely has replacement cost. Therefore he would pocket the insurance and the appraisal would come back slightly lower and he would get almost as much for the property and the buyer would be out the buildings and money.

I would make the seller either reduce the cost of the property by the replacement cost of the buildings or put ALL the insurance money into building a building back and write into the purchase contract that the buyer got to choose the design of the building and could put forth extra to at to the build of the building back his way.

But I am a cynical a-hole, I wouldn't give my advice on such things very much weight.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The appraisal most likely won't come back lower by the replacement cost of the buildings but if the seller has insurance he likely has replacement cost. Therefore he would pocket the insurance and the appraisal would come back slightly lower and he would get almost as much for the property and the buyer would be out the buildings and money.

I would make the seller either reduce the cost of the property by the replacement cost of the buildings or put ALL the insurance money into building a building back and write into the purchase contract that the buyer got to choose the design of the building and could put forth extra to at to the build of the building back his way.

But I am a cynical a-hole, I wouldn't give my advice on such things very much weight.
Your not as dumb as you look! HA! Just being Smitty!

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Well that makes 2 cynical azzholes then. Cause thats exactly whats gonna happen or im walking like fats domino the hell out of there. Im not losing a single sq ft of space. Period. Wife absolutely adores the house and i want like crazy for her to have it. But we both agree we arent gonna be stupid about it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im going over there tomorrow and measuring sq footage. So i know what i need to replace it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Marshmallows anyone? Seller sent us this.
FB IMG 1553577752378

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the flat bed man. Do you ride hard enough to need two spares or are you just a symmetrical type person like me and have to have it even/balanced?

Either way it looks great and very custom. Also like the lower bars

Reactions: Delton and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!