Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe we can get ol @Delton over to Arkansas and you'll never catch up ;)

That is if you boys quit working weekends ;) jeez, y'all make it hard to plan a rideo_O
Yeah right. If I find time to run to Walmart I consider myself lucky lmao.

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe we can get ol @Delton over to Arkansas and you'll never catch up ;)
Maybe. But like I said I don't need to catch up. I enjoy the more technical trails where you don't break your equipment if you are reasonably careful. Anything can break but I'm not into the breaking and bragging. I think @Delton drives the same way. I know you and @GlockMeister do.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe. But like I said I don't need to catch up. I enjoy the more technical trails where you don't break your equipment if you are reasonably careful. Anything can break but I'm not into the breaking and bragging. I think @Delton drives the same way. I know you and @GlockMeister do.
Don't forget the road miles on mine lol. Yeah, I cheat.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where I come from thats called a shot across the bow lmao. You need to defend yerself man.
I'll leave it alone ya all know my riding. But miles are miles. Looking forward to catching Delton again.
Beard grooming and armor all? Gosh you are mean:)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok this is worth reading (no, not about armoralls or beards). I've somehow neglected my poor air filter so I decided to check it today. Pulled the top cover off and voila! A new looking cover and intake tubes.
IMG 20170525 140655468 1336x752

I was happy. Not a speck of dirt and no Trace of any water intrusion. That is one very well protected engine. Then I removed the filter and Holy Cow! Look at that crud!
IMG 20170525 140809084 751x1335
IMG 20170525 140820067 1336x752

Personally I'll never use anything but stock filters. It is amazing how clean the top is (the part that counts). Also shows my snorkel is doing it's job. I'll be sure and not wait another 1800 miles to check it again.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before today i thought my rig was running just fine. It's hit 66 with no problem, maybe a tad slower than I wanted. After the filter change, this thing will fly! I could even tell the ecu was having to compensate for the extra air. After it warmed up and went into closed loop, it popped and carried on for a few seconds before clearing up. Now it revs freely and hits the rev limiter at 66 in no time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok this is worth reading (no, not about armoralls or beards). I've somehow neglected my poor air filter so I decided to check it today. Pulled the top cover off and voila! A new looking cover and intake tubes.
View attachment 44557
I was happy. Not a speck of dirt and no Trace of any water intrusion. That is one very well protected engine. Then I removed the filter and Holy Cow! Look at that crud!
View attachment 44558 View attachment 44559
Personally I'll never use anything but stock filters. It is amazing how clean the top is (the part that counts). Also shows my snorkel is doing it's job. I'll be sure and not wait another 1800 miles to check it again.
Mine was like that too. Once these things are snorkeled I do like the front intake also

Reactions: pct and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I hear alot of people asking about K&N filters but I'm sticking with oem. If it can keep things that clean, that's what I'm going with.
K&n work very well and I've used them exclusively in our dirt bikes and never had sign of crap behind them but the oil has to be used correctly. but with the high flow pioneer I'm like you I'll stick with factory

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
K&n work very well and I've used them exclusively in our dirt bikes and never had sign of crap behind them but the oil has to be used correctly. but with the high flow pioneer I'm like you I'll stick with factory
I wasn't knocking k&n with my comment. I've used them numerous times in various vehicles. But as mentioned, too much or too little oil and you're doing more harm than good. That or people wash them with soap and water instead of the right cleaner. I was just praising the stock element for doing what it should.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 44557
View attachment 44558 View attachment 44559
Looked at mine earlier this week too. It was much cleaner than yours but I've got less miles too. I put it back together and will check again later in the summer

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!