E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Before today i thought my rig was running just fine. It's hit 66 with no problem, maybe a tad slower than I wanted. After the filter change, this thing will fly! I could even tell the ecu was having to compensate for the extra air. After it warmed up and went into closed loop, it popped and carried on for a few seconds before clearing up. Now it revs freely and hits the rev limiter at 66 in no time.

66 MPH. Now wonder you're rolling up the miles!!!!!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
66 MPH. Now wonder you're rolling up the miles!!!!!
That has nothing to do with it. I've had it maxed out less than 10 times since new. Most of my street cruising is in the 50-55mph range. Not too many straightaways in my neck of the woods. No swaybar remember? Lol.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried your new fan yet? Trying to decide to add another bilge fan or try the other. Rode for a while other night and my daughters feet in the back were toasted!

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried your new fan yet? Trying to decide to add another bilge fan or try the other. Rode for a while other night and my daughters feet in the back were toasted!
Not yet. I work weekends and don't do anything after a 13hr shift lol. Either tomorrow or Tues I'll throw it on there. Going for a ride wed so I'll have an opinion afterwards lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have fun with that. It was time consuming for sure.
Oh I'm sure. I had the tool for installing them but to be honest, the old bolt, nut, and 2 washers is a faster method. I never said I was looking forward to it lol. Tired of self tappers coming loose. Hey at least you have a lift. I'll be on my back lol.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My thoughts also. I rarely have people in the back. I had a a couple back there today and they said it was extremely hot. I wonder if the bilge blowers don't make it hotter in the backseat than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My thoughts also. I rarely have people in the back. I had a a couple back there today and they said it was extremely hot. I wonder if the bilge blowers don't make it hotter in the backseat than before.

I would think that blowers do increase rear heat. It's pushing heat towards the rear.

Reactions: sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

I think we need to mount a couple of those 8" fans under your roof like ceiling fans.

Reactions: sharp and chadbo
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Flat fan is mounted. No idea how well it'll work. Hopefully find out this week sometime. Installed quick disconnects for electrical so I can swap back to twin blowers under 5 mins easy.
IMG 20170529 110703274 1336x752

advertisement