P1000m5 deluxe or not difference?

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
So for a grand more for the deluxe , what do you get...only rims and led lights? Anyone know the tire differences? I like the look of the steel rims and in green. Saving a g is nice too. Are the led lights worth it, are the tires better on the deluxe? Thanks for opinions.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Deluxe also has colored side panels. You can get some better tires and wheels for a under a thousand and the side panels are a few hundred bucks.
For 35 bucks you can get some halogen bulbs just as bright as the leds. So I would save the money for upgrades as the tires on the deluxe are cheap bighorns. You can probably get 350 for the original tires if you uprade them and the wheels.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The non deluxe has better tires they are 6 ply it is lighter too. It don't have all the plastic screwed on it. You can put a light bar on it if you need better lights. You can use the extra $1,000 for accessories.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
We bought the EPS for the Turf mode &
paddles, but the dealer had upgraded it
with deluxe wheels. I actually like the
look of the steel wheels, but I didn't
want him to take the alloys off.

John

FastRedneck

FastRedneck

Mar 29, 2016
Cave City, AR
I decided to buy the base model without the painted panels, as I use my rig on tight trails and can be rough on it. Didn't see the point in wasting money on something I was going to scratch all to hell. Also, the LED headlights aren't really worth it IMHO as 90% of us will add a light bar anyways, regardless of the headlights in it.

Reactions: sthomp54
FastRedneck

FastRedneck

Mar 29, 2016
Cave City, AR
Does base come with the bumpers as well?
Yes, they all come with a front bumper. None of them have a rear bumper from the factory. They just have a metal plate over the exhaust, but it honestly doesn't offer that much protection. Once I finish my swing away rack build, I plan on starting a rear bumper build. Keep an eye on my build thread for that one in the coming weeks.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The deluxe, in addition to everything discussed above adds self leveling rear suspension. So I saw the value in going with the deluxe for an additional thousand. Upgraded Rims & tires, suspension, panels, and LED lights for a grand.....SOLD

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
The deluxe, in addition to everything discussed above adds self leveling rear suspension. So I saw the value in going with the deluxe for an additional thousand. Upgraded Rims & tires, suspension, panels, and LED lights for a grand.....SOLD
WHAT? the STd does NOT have the self leveling suspension? Oh it needs that for passengers. Are you sure?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
WHAT? the STd does NOT have the self leveling suspension? Oh it needs that for passengers. Are you sure?
Just checked, and I guess I am wrong! Lol. Would you believe this is the first mistake I have ever made. Lol. Sorry guys. I has been a long time since I compared.

advertisement
FastRedneck

FastRedneck

Mar 29, 2016
Cave City, AR

Pretty sure that if you go back and check, it's more than $1000 difference between the standard and deluxe. When I was looking, it was $1800 difference IIRC ($16,100 vs $17,900, give or take a few bucks). I can do A LOT of accessories that are more useful for $1800. The only thing that the deluxe offered that I really wanted was the wheels, and even then I still would've wanted bigger tires. With the standard you can upgrade wheels and tires, add a couple LED bars/pods, and still have some coin leftover for other goodies. Just my 2 cents....

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Pretty sure that if you go back and check, it's more than $1000 difference between the standard and deluxe. When I was looking, it was $1800 difference IIRC ($16,100 vs $17,900, give or take a few bucks). I can do A LOT of accessories that are more useful for $1800. The only thing that the deluxe offered that I really wanted was the wheels, and even then I still would've wanted bigger tires. With the standard you can upgrade wheels and tires, add a couple LED bars/pods, and still have some coin leftover for other goodies. Just my 2 cents....
Pure Honda Prices, but regardless you make an excellent point! Accessories are nice, and even as a deluxe owner I find myself looking at bigger and better tires, additional lights, Snorkle, etc... So we are on the same page.

H

HondaTech

This is from a set-up/tech's standpoint. IMO, if I was to but a 1000-5 today it would be a non deluxe. I've never been a fan of Big Horns and everybody wants a set of wheels for their rig. The side panels are just itching to be scratched to hell and back and you can put he lights on later if wanted, you could also get a light bar for less. I think in the future Honda will drop the deluxe since they offer everything to make a non deluxe into one. Except for the deluxe specific colors, White and Silver. For the money your getting a deal for only a grand more, I think everything totals out to be around $2600 if you bought it separately.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This is from a set-up/tech's standpoint. IMO, if I was to but a 1000-5 today it would be a non deluxe. I've never been a fan of Big Horns and everybody wants a set of wheels for their rig. The side panels are just itching to be scratched to hell and back and you can put he lights on later if wanted, you could also get a light bar for less. I think in the future Honda will drop the deluxe since they offer everything to make a non deluxe into one. Except for the deluxe specific colors, White and Silver. For the money your getting a deal for only a grand more, I think everything totals out to be around $2600 if you bought it separately.
In terms of perceived value....The Deluxe delivers! And.... It's just a beautiful machine!

In terms of performance... You are going to be happy with either choice!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!