Demon Powersports Axle Drama "Stay away"

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello Hoping to save someone time and money. I open desert race a Talon R. Been through most axles.( Monster, Open Country, 2 sets of Rhino) Stock Honda are the best with some tuning. I thought I would pay for a good set and be dome with it. Bought a SET of rear from Demon Powersports best they.(Not Cheap) Shipping took twice as long so pushed me back on up coming race. Helper installed while I was away. Got back and I received two different axle's. See there box's. They do not have any customer service that will ever help or call back. Tryed to turn in warranty card and was told run them. I had 30 days and there axles always work. An X axle will not work in am R. The X axle 015 Lasted less than 75 miles at a gas stop. Then when you start looking they are known for this and others games alot with the Can Am's. I just can not believe that two different axles they think will work. And not the cheap ones. There is no support or help at all. You can not talk to anyone they just take your money and then are never seen or heard of again. Just Please check first and just because you pay alot dose not mean they are good to work with. See Picture..

Rear Axle Axle Box

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
There isn't an aftermarket Talon axle assembly on the planet that is stronger or more long lasting than the stock Honda parts. I don't know what these aftermarket axle companies are doing to get them so wrong but they just keep on doing it, one new manufacturer after the other.....

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There isn't an aftermarket Talon axle assembly on the planet that is stronger or more long lasting than the stock Honda parts. I don't know what these aftermarket axle companies are doing to get them so wrong but they just keep on doing it, one new manufacturer after the other.....
Most likely they are reverse engineered from the factory parts. They get the metal composition wrong, heat treat etc are cheaply or poorly done. Likely also made at your run of the mill shop in China and then slapped in a fancy box with a cool name and charged a premium.

H

HondaTech

Hello Hoping to save someone time and money. I open desert race a Talon R. Been through most axles.( Monster, Open Country, 2 sets of Rhino) Stock Honda are the best with some tuning. I thought I would pay for a good set and be dome with it. Bought a SET of rear from Demon Powersports best they.(Not Cheap) Shipping took twice as long so pushed me back on up coming race. Helper installed while I was away. Got back and I received two different axle's. See there box's. They do not have any customer service that will ever help or call back. Tryed to turn in warranty card and was told run them. I had 30 days and there axles always work. An X axle will not work in am R. The X axle 015 Lasted less than 75 miles at a gas stop. Then when you start looking they are known for this and others games alot with the Can Am's. I just can not believe that two different axles they think will work. And not the cheap ones. There is no support or help at all. You can not talk to anyone they just take your money and then are never seen or heard of again. Just Please check first and just because you pay alot dose not mean they are good to work with. See Picture..

View attachment 400160 View attachment 400161

X axles won't even reach on an R, the length is too short. Other than the shaft itself, the cups are the same inner and outer for both models atleast when it comes to OEM.

Your right when it comes to nothing being better than stock.

We're currently using 300M shafts with stock joints and different grease in our race car.

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Great….I bought 4 of them 2 months back for backups. The claim besides being stronger is they also can go to a greater angle without bind. Looks like I drank the cool aid and have expensive crap that is not better. The Honda race team claimed they used demon axels. I was hoping to save myself time by buying the demons and not having to build the oem ones. I guess I might as well get the stuff needed and start building my own oem axels. 🤷‍♂️

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great….I bought 4 of them 2 months back for backups. The claim besides being stronger is they also can go to a greater angle without bind. Looks like I drank the cool aid and have expensive crap that is not better. The Honda race team claimed they used demon axels. I was hoping to save myself time by buying the demons and not having to build the oem ones. I guess I might as well get the stuff needed and start building my own oem axels. 🤷‍♂️
Hey you get your ROPS installed? Really want to see pictures.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not yet!( I am hoping to get to work on them this week. I post them up when I get one on. And trying to figure out which color we want on which machine!)
RITFC!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not yet!( I am hoping to get to work on them this week. I post them up when I get one on. And trying to figure out which color we want on which machine!)
Well HIENZ!

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
my gut says Honda isn't putting junk stock axles on these machines - really

99%+ don't race these machines (including me), so I am thinking I would actually want an axle to break before the diff./etc. - so the self-claimed stronger axle is all marketing bulls*** IMO

my gut also says - there are so many bracket lifts/not properly engineered lifts, etc. that put the stock axles past their intended design, most jump off the stock bandwagon and get what is deemed 2.0, 3.0 stronger and end up with more crap bolted on - no offense to the aftermarket world but need to keep it real

racing is a different gig, you all push the parts past the limit, get the needed stronger parts and do it all over again to find the weak link - kudos

personally id buy all that stuff thru amazon or PayPal - they help me clear thru the crap of returns, not as advertised and saved my butt on a few questionable purchases I have made

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
my gut says Honda isn't putting junk stock axles on these machines - really

99%+ don't race these machines (including me), so I am thinking I would actually want an axle to break before the diff./etc. - so the self-claimed stronger axle is all marketing bulls*** IMO

my gut also says - there are so many bracket lifts/not properly engineered lifts, etc. that put the stock axles past their intended design, most jump off the stock bandwagon and get what is deemed 2.0, 3.0 stronger and end up with more crap bolted on - no offense to the aftermarket world but need to keep it real

racing is a different gig, you all push the parts past the limit, get the needed stronger parts and do it all over again to find the weak link - kudos

personally id buy all that stuff thru amazon or PayPal - they help me clear thru the crap of returns, not as advertised and saved my butt on a few questionable purchases I have made

I race short course and the Honda axles are what I use. I don't know or have heard of a single person snapping the axle shaft itself, it's usually the boot that gets torn, dirt gets in the CV and then it gets chewed up. If your breaking axle shafts than RCV 300M shafts are what I'd replace them with but still use the factory CV joint assemblies because all the aftermarket CV's are pure Chinese garbage that do not last even 1/4 the time a stock CV does.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I race short course and the Honda axles are what I use. I don't know or have heard of a single person snapping the axle shaft itself, it's usually the boot that gets torn, dirt gets in the CV and then it gets chewed up. If your breaking axle shafts than RCV 300M shafts are what I'd replace them with but still use the factory CV joint assemblies because all the aftermarket CV's are pure Chinese garbage that do not last even 1/4 the time a stock CV does.
suggestion - I use Kevlar sleeving over all my hydraulic hoses in severe duty applications - mainly rubbing damage and then of course for burst protection - not sure if they make it large enough ID to fit over the boot but can always stitch some together, slip over cv boot and safety wire/zip tie the ends to protect the boot - most hydraulic shops will have this as its super expensive to buy in bulk - just a thought

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
suggestion - I use Kevlar sleeving over all my hydraulic hoses in severe duty applications - mainly rubbing damage and then of course for burst protection - not sure if they make it large enough ID to fit over the boot but can always stitch some together, slip over cv boot and safety wire/zip tie the ends to protect the boot - most hydraulic shops will have this as its super expensive to buy in bulk - just a thought

I don't have any problems with my stock 2019 axles or boots and they are going on their 3rd season of racing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!