Deposit on a 2016 1000-5 what product updates should I ask them to do?

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Spoof0ne

Hi Guys,

I have a deposit on the 2016 mentioned above and I am now seeing the noticed for product updates and recall work.

What should I ask the dealer to do?

I've read about a comfort kit, heat shield and clutch update.

I mentioned the clutch update and sent them the letter, but they insist the unit runs fine and the update only applies if there is an issue.

I didn't mention the heat shield or can comfort yet. What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Around the house and up north

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The comfort kit is in my opinion a must do if you plan on a windshield and or roof. The clutch cover update is on all units before 18 model year. The muffler heat shield is a recall and should be done.
If it were me I would not take delivery until all 3 items are done. Also there was a slight change in the air intake design and radiator deflector for late 17s and all 18s. I would purchase the parts and do these also.

Reactions: Spoof0ne
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Push to have all campaigns applied to the machine. Make it a condition of sale. I am not so sure why these dealers are so hesitant to do these jobs.
Mine is the same way, refuses to do any of the campaigns unless their is an issue. I asked for the clutch, seat etc. I run roof and windshield, it gets hot, but not unbearable.
I would hate to intentionally ruin my clutch to get the update though. I have been hard on mine without issue so far.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would most definitely insist on all product update campaigns be completed before taking delivery or no sale. Specifically the clutch update, and cabin comfort. The exhaust recall should be done prior to sale according to Honda policy. The air intake (water ingestion kit / fix)is a 10 minute job for $20 of parts, well worth doing it.

Reactions: Tramguage1
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go to a different dealer ! The guys you are dealing with probably sell other brands and could care less about you after you go out the door. The dealer by me is useless. Won't even check with Honda. I'm just glad I didn't buy it there. Won't ever take it there for anything. Don't do business unless they pull their heads out of their asses. Do you want to deal with that attitude for the next 5 years? Probably not. Don't want to hear you got so pissed that you shot the place up.

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go to a different dealer ! The guys you are dealing with probably sell other brands and could care less about you after you go out the door. The dealer by me is useless. Won't even check with Honda. I'm just glad I didn't buy it there. Won't ever take it there for anything. Don't do business unless they pull their heads out of their asses. Do you want to deal with that attitude for the next 5 years? Probably not. Don't want to hear you got so pissed that you shot the place up.

I’m not too worried about future service. They are a little too far for the continued trek.

I did send them the links for both letters and expanded on the clutch cover. They are going to bring it to service tomorrow for comment. We shall see if they make it right. If they don’t, I’ll let you guys know the name of the dealer

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys,

Update on this one. A month later and the dealer did all of the updates (besides the intake) and the recalls including the recent throttle body.

Added the factory roof and have the super atv windshield ready for install

51C411EE 9FB4 4C76 93AA 85E2051BF60C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!