Oil type for 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe

WagBag

WagBag

Lifetime Member
Mar 4, 2023
Anthem, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I’m new to this forum and new to the SxS world. I recently bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe and trying to figure out a few things for maintenance.

I’m wondering if I should use what the owners manual recommends for oil or is it better, since it’s older, to use a synthetic oil with the same weight? It has around 4,600 miles.

Also, any recommendations for oil change kits on Amazon?

Thanks

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oil and tires are going to get you many opinions. You need to use a wet clutch oil but otherwise it’s really up to your preference…and many will swear by dino oil with many others swearing by synthetic.

POIDH
RITFC
#NTC

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Since you asked and just my opinion......
I only use OEM filters, I usually order them 3 or 4 at a time so I always have some on hand. For oil I use Shell Rotella T6 synthetic, 5W-40, it's JASO MA2 certified for a wet clutch

Regardless of what flavor you choose make sure it's JASO MA or MA2 spec

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Since you asked and just my opinion......
I only use OEM filters, I usually order them 3 or 4 at a time so I always have some on hand. For oil I use Shell Rotella T6 synthetic, 5W-40, it's JASO MA2 certified for a wet clutch

Regardless of what flavor you choose make sure it's JASO MA or MA2 spec
Ooooo all this ☝️ ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
is all you need to know! Been using the exact in my 16’ P1 since it was new and she perrrrrrs like she has the cat scratch fever!!!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I recently bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
Welcome from another prisoner of the Radical Leftist Run Michigan!

Rule #4 is pics when you join and first post! Weve answered alot for you already, do us a solid and post em up! Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

So you say you have a 16’ the lingering question is did the previous owner tell u if he got all the campaign updates done, especially the clutch one ?

WagBag

WagBag

Lifetime Member
Mar 4, 2023
Anthem, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Rule #4 is pics when you join and first post! Weve answered alot for you already, do us a solid and post em up! Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

So you say you have a 16’ the lingering question is did the previous owner tell u if he got all the campaign updates done, especially the clutch one ?

Nothing was said about any updates. How do I check for these?

Not sure what pics to post or rule #4?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nothing was said about any updates. How do I check for these?

Not sure what pics to post or rule #4?
Use the search up top for 16’ recalls/updates and read on. You can call your local Honda dealer with your vin and they can tell u whats been done. There is also a way to check to see if the clutch update was done. It was a campaign that has expired tho.

As for pics, any pics of your machine will do! Its proof u have a rig and it helps us understand what you have. Plus were imagination deficient so Post em up!

heres a way to see if u have had the clutch update on that rig. Again the search bar up too is your friend.
9A6BB3D5 AB0C 49F0 8DC4 87680E62B97A

WagBag

WagBag

Lifetime Member
Mar 4, 2023
Anthem, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use the search up top for 16’ recalls/updates and read on. You can call your local Honda dealer with your vin and they can tell u whats been done. There is also a way to check to see if the clutch update was done. It was a campaign that has expired tho.

As for pics, any pics of your machine will do! Its proof u have a rig and it helps us understand what you have. Plus were imagination deficient so Post em up!

heres a way to see if u have had the clutch update on that rig. Again the search bar up too is your friend.
View attachment 381989
Will do (pics). Thanks again!

WagBag

WagBag

Lifetime Member
Mar 4, 2023
Anthem, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!