P1000 Did I make the right choice?

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Cruddy that is wonderful news.....and glad to hear the machine performed up to your expectations.
Ride on......:)

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
40 degrees, but plenty of sunshine. Finally got the 1st ride in. (Close friend lost his father this week so I spent all my time lending a hand so today was the first chance I got to ride). Short ride, alost 4 hours. Definitely need a windshield, lol. Got pretty cold in the low shady areas but Wow! What a ride. Had 6...yes 6 Bald Eagles circling us and I didn't have my phone for a pic...but I take that as a Great Omen. They were magnificent!! Machine drove and road superbly! Shifted smoother than original machine, hardly no rattles, and got several looks and a couple guys pulled over in there truck and asked if they could take a closer look. Was happy to spend some time talking up the 1000-5, and I just walked them through the options, my reasoning for choosing over Polaris, and gave them Adam's name at Extreme so they could buy one. Pretty sure we converted another Polaris owner. Both guys were super impressed with this Pioneer, and I am as well:D. Looking forward to giving her a good going over later tonight, making sure everything is where it is suppose to be. Took it nice and easy on the 1st ride, (mainly because anything over 25 mph was freaking COLD!!! ). But a great 1st ride nonetheless.
That is Cool! No pun intended right?:)
I showed one of my non Polaris owning brother in-laws a picture of the White P1-5 I ordered and he is now very interested in checking out the pioneers.

B

bdiesel3

Feb 14, 2016
West MI
40 degrees, but plenty of sunshine. Finally got the 1st ride in. (Close friend lost his father this week so I spent all my time lending a hand so today was the first chance I got to ride). Short ride, alost 4 hours. Definitely need a windshield, lol. Got pretty cold in the low shady areas but Wow! What a ride. Had 6...yes 6 Bald Eagles circling us and I didn't have my phone for a pic...but I take that as a Great Omen. They were magnificent!! Machine drove and road superbly! Shifted smoother than original machine, hardly no rattles, and got several looks and a couple guys pulled over in there truck and asked if they could take a closer look. Was happy to spend some time talking up the 1000-5, and I just walked them through the options, my reasoning for choosing over Polaris, and gave them Adam's name at Extreme so they could buy one. Pretty sure we converted another Polaris owner. Both guys were super impressed with this Pioneer, and I am as well:D. Looking forward to giving her a good going over later tonight, making sure everything is where it is suppose to be. Took it nice and easy on the 1st ride, (mainly because anything over 25 mph was freaking COLD!!! ). But a great 1st ride nonetheless.

Glad to hear. Curious where you rode, private property or public areas? If it was public I am always looking for places to ride. I live in west mi near Grand Rapids.

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is Cool! No pun intended right?:)
I showed one of my non Polaris owning brother in-laws a picture of the White P1-5 I ordered and he is now very interested in checking out the pioneers.
That's the ticket, getting the word out. That's how I found out about it, another buddy of mine who was researching for himself, and he turned me onto it by showing me pics and videos. After I did my own comparisons, I made the purchase. In my opinion, the more people see it, and especially can put their hands on it, will most likely make the jump from there former brand, providing it's not a rzr type machine they are looking for but an all around utility/ play vehicle.

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to hear. Curious where you rode, private property or public areas? If it was public I am always looking for places to ride. I live in west mi near Grand Rapids.
I live in Northern Lower Michigan, Crawford and Roscommon counties is where I ride the most. I only own 10 acres here, but it's wooded, and connected to the Huron National Forest. I rode today on general back county dirt and seasonal roads, didn't get a chance to head over to the ORV routes we have up here for vehicles over 50" wide, but will get there soon. (Provided this storm coming in Wednesday doesn't slow me down too much. Suppose to get 8 to 12 inches of snow!) I grew up in the U.P., my family owns 1000 acres just north of Manistique where I grew up. I own 80 acres up there which is attached to my parents 1000 acres, and so we will ride a lot up there as well. Looking forward to getting my Dad's reaction as we have 2 Rangers and 6 Sportsmans. Polaris is all we've ever owned, and he's pretty stubborn about his brand loyalty, so it shold be interesting to get his "critical" evaluation, lol.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Northern Lower Michigan, Crawford and Roscommon counties is where I ride the most. I only own 10 acres here, but it's wooded, and connected to the Huron National Forest. I rode today on general back county dirt and seasonal roads, didn't get a chance to head over to the ORV routes we have up here for vehicles over 50" wide, but will get there soon. (Provided this storm coming in Wednesday doesn't slow me down too much. Suppose to get 8 to 12 inches of snow!) I grew up in the U.P., my family owns 1000 acres just north of Manistique where I grew up. I own 80 acres up there which is attached to my parents 1000 acres, and so we will ride a lot up there as well. Looking forward to getting my Dad's reaction as we have 2 Rangers and 6 Sportsmans. Polaris is all we've ever owned, and he's pretty stubborn about his brand loyalty, so it shold be interesting to get his "critical" evaluation, lol.
Lol! Its possible our families are related regarding the family Polaris leagance.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I rode the Big Bear ORV route this weekend. The machine was awesome. I rode at 40 mph a good part of the time and got it up to 53 during one stretch. The ride was very smooth at those speeds. It did have a tendency to push in the corners, but once I got used to it it was fine. Bounced it off the rev limiter a few times as well. Made it feel like I was racing Baja!!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rode the Big Bear ORV route this weekend. The machine was awesome. I rode at 40 mph a good part of the time and got it up to 53 during one stretch. The ride was very smooth at those speeds. It did have a tendency to push in the corners, but once I got used to it it was fine. Bounced it off the rev limiter a few times as well. Made it feel like I was racing Baja!!
if you're running the stock bighorns, I would recommend 20psi, rather than the factory suggested 14psi. mine was soft in the corners at 14psi, but when I went up to 20, it handled 110% better.

Reactions: dale5740
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that's
if you're running the stock bighorns, I would recommend 20psi, rather than the factory suggested 14psi. mine was soft in the corners at 14psi, but when I went up to 20, it handled 110% better.
i did this also after seeing tire size vary and the 20 lbs put me at close to the 27 height

Reactions: PioneerPete
HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
Hats off to Honda too. Just got off the phone with Jim, who is the territory account manager for Honda in our region. He called me to ensure I was happy with this decision, to apologize for the issue in the 1st place, as well as the time it took before anyone decided to "break protocol", and instead of repairing the unit, put the customer 1st. He also requested I update him after a weekend of riding to see how the machine is, and offered assistance in making sure the 1st service is "free of issues" as well. They want to keep a close eye on this machine if I allow them to do so, and I am more than happy to be a test guide. It's the least I can do. Stock in Honda is soaring for me, but I can not lie, the past 5 nights and 6 days have been painful. But in my honest opinion and experience, I highly doubt any other manufacturer would have stepped up in this fashion. My dealer led the way, and Honda backed his play. Special thanks to all of you in this forum who helped me stay positive, and didn't allow for me to bash or loose my head (not too bad anyways). And if anyone is up north riding the trails near Gaylord, stop on in and see Adam (my salesman), Russ (owner), and Doug (service). Tell them Dave sent you, I know they know who I am now, lol. But yeah, great feeling all the way around. You were all right when you said Honda won't disappoint me. Thanks again to all, I look forward to updating on how things go in the other forums in order to share experiences, provide help, etc. This is a great networking tool we have, and I don't use Facebook so I was leary about signing up. Best decision I've made. Safe riding to all, Happy St. Patrick's Day, I'm gonna go drink some green beer and celebrate! Link for Extreme is found below.

www.extremepower-sports.com
just an fyi.......My nephew had a new 014 AC trail cat, they initially had insufficient clamping force on the oil cooler lines and one blew off while he was riding...he kept going so as not having to walk back, and locked up the motor due to no oil. AC replaced the whole buggy with a brand new one within a few days. In your case, Honda did not go above and beyond, they did what any good company would do...the right thing.

G

gtistiffler

Know this is an old thread. But I sure hope Honda does the right thing for me. New unit 11 miles 2 hours. Frame missing a weld. I want a new one. Not one that’s been worked on. I paid cash for a brand new sxs. 1 ride on it and having to fight Honda bc they want to weld it or replace the frame. I’m not happy.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Know this is an old thread. But I sure hope Honda does the right thing for me. New unit 11 miles 2 hours. Frame missing a weld. I want a new one. Not one that’s been worked on. I paid cash for a brand new sxs. 1 ride on it and having to fight Honda bc they want to weld it or replace the frame. I’m not happy.
Honda will probably replace the frame. I don't think they're allowed to do any welding because of liability issues. I'd check into a welding shop and have them make the repair. The money you spend on it will likely more than offset the PITA of trailering your machine to the dealer, waiting for possibly a month to get it back, and then possibly have God knows what assembled incorrectly by the kid in the dealership's shop.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!