P500 Diff synthetic oil recommended P5

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
How many bottles did you have to buy? I plan on doing both front and rear.
It took three of the 8 ounce Honda bottles. I bought 4 so I would have some on hand just in case. I will be one up on the next change. My 500 is still under warranty so I am sticking with Honda products as recommended for the time being and saving receipts just in case it should ever come up which I do not expect.
A friend bought a 1000 from a different dealer and they told him if he did his own service to only use Honda products and keep good records for less problems on the warranty.

Reactions: 16p500
16p500

16p500

May 13, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
It took three of the 8 ounce Honda bottles. I bought 4 so I would have some on hand just in case. I will be one up on the next change. My 500 is still under warranty so I am sticking with Honda products as recommended for the time being and saving receipts just in case it should ever come up which I do not expect.
A friend bought a 1000 from a different dealer and they told him if he did his own service to only use Honda products and keep good records for less problems on the warranty.
I just serviced all my atvs differentials, might as well do the p5 also. I have always used the factory stuff to. Don't really know why, its overpriced as heck.

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!