P1000 Digital water temp gauge

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to hook up a digital temp gauge but I'm not sure where the (I guess it would be) the sending unit would go. Would I splice into the factory sending unit? I'm sure its been done and would like a few tips. I'm ordering a basic/generic unit off ebay. I don't really like the 4bar gauge honda has and being a trail rider its not uncommon for a radiator to get clogged with dust and mud. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2018 12 22 01 55 02 Screenshot 2018 12 22 01 55 47 1020181739

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
This may help,

Reactions: Fl-Cracker
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may help,
Oh wow. That's a great idea. And its super easy. For sure that is the way I'm going to do it. Its just nice to see an actual number if your radiator is getting clogged, or if your running in 4low a bit too hard. It also helps in the winter if you run a cab heater. Low engine temps equals no heat.. Thanks you.

Reactions: CID and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh wow. That's a great idea. And its super easy. For sure that is the way I'm going to do it. Its just nice to see an actual number if your radiator is getting clogged, or if your running in 4low a bit too hard. It also helps in the winter if you run a cab heater. Low engine temps equals no heat.. Thanks you.
That video looks like the way to go. When your done, take some pics, how to and a parts list I’m interested. Great idea.

Welcome to the forum, if u need some help with posting pics of your install just ask.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!