Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think anyone "plans" to go deep lol. I think it might actually be fun but I admit I would wimp out at the last second lol. I've seen firsthand the engine damage from water soaking one. Piston in several pieces and rod bent into the letter U. I think I'll pass.

B

Bfree66

Sep 1, 2016
North Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's tight but it goes in . I wanted to go up and to the left but wasn't able to get it to go that way

I've been playing around with this as well, trying to get a 3" filter into a 1" space. It just won't fit. Do you have any pix with it tucked up inside?

B

Bfree66

Sep 1, 2016
North Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to Snorkeling the big girl. I used 3 inch pipe and then a used filter from off my Kobota tractor. I still have get a Pre Filter for it though

Honda 1000 Snorkel Pic
Honda 1000 Snorkel Pic no 2

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're welcome. Lots of options out there. find the one that meets your budget.

FzyMtnMan

FzyMtnMan

Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2018
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're welcome. Lots of options out there. find the one that meets your budget.
Budget? The accounting formula I'm adopting is: the budget starts when the wife finds out, everything up to that point I'm considering to be research and development. :).....glad I put a heater in the garage, I may be living in there if she reads this post. Cheers

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tend to forget the cost of shipping for you guys in Alaska!
Maybe call around to local off road speed shops? Ask for a 3" snorkel topper/ram head.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!